Pages

Thursday, 26 March 2009

Great Expectations

I am looking forward to one of the most exciting events of my life.

In a matter of a few weeks I will become a grandmother for the first time. My beautiful daughter is due to give birth to a boy on or around the 20th April. She lives in the UK with her husband and I don't get to see her anywhere near as often as I would like.

I have my flight booked for 11th April and I'm hoping the baby won't arrive early, before I get there, as I am hoping to be at the birth. Well, I will be at the hospital. I think my daughter may well decide that she just wants her husband in the delivery room with her, but just in case she wants Mum in there as well, I will be ready.

The one thing that is going to be really upsetting for me is to have to return home after my grandson arrives. I'm really going to miss being around for him and my daughter.

Although I love living in Turkey, and have no desire to live in the UK again, it's at times like this that I have some regrets. Thank goodness for air travel. I have to start saving now for the frequent trips I'm sure I'll be making in the future.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting for you and yes, how upsetting as well - to have to ration your interaction with the baby. Missing family and friends never goes away really - but I also could not live again in the UK. Well, maybe if I became very rich and could live in a huge mansion with on-site security. That I could cope with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to invent a teleporter, and soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x