Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Tagged???

I've been tagged by "Not Waving but Drowning". Now I don't really know what being tagged means but I am guessing that I am expected to answer the same questions as she did. So this is what I will do. If at some stage I find out that this is not what was meant, then I will get embarrassed and delete this post.



Here goes:



1. What are your current obsessions?

My grandson and Cadburys chocolate.



2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

Jogging bottoms.



3. Last dream you had?

I can't remember the last dream I had but I do have a recurring one where I can fly. It always starts off with me standing at the top of a hill...I jump and fly to the bottom.

4. Last thing you bought?

An electric bottle steriliser this morning because my daughter was struggling with a secondhand, warped microwave steriliser and I wanted to make life a little easier for her.



5. What are you listening to?

Heavy digging machinery. I'm staying with my brother and his neighbour is having his drive re-surfaced.



6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?

Hmm...difficult one...possibly Hestia...Goddess of the hearth and home, the focal point of every household.



7. Favourite holiday spots?

Venice, St Lucia, Cappadocia.



8. Reading right now?

I'm not finding time to read anything properly at the moment. I am intending to hit the bookshops in the next day or so. However as I always need to read a few pages of anything to get me off to sleep at night I am reading a paperback which I picked up from my daughter...but I can't remember what it's called, where it is at the moment, or even what it's about!



9. Four words to describe yourself.

Sensitive, caring, trusting, loyal.



10. Guilty pleasure?

A large bar of Cadburys chocolate or a box of Maltesers whilst reading a good book in bed.



11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?

Eddie Izzard...particularly his one-man shows.



12. Favourite spring thing to do?

Admiring the spring flowers and blossom in England which I am fortunately able to do at the moment.

13. Planning to travel to next?

Home to Turkey on 25th May...with mixed feelings...looking forward to being home and seeing Mr Ayak and my dog, but also sorry to leave my daughter and my new grandson.



14. Best thing you ate or drank lately?

Mmm...bacon sandwich...I do so miss bacon and eat as much of it as possible while I'm in England.



15. When did you last get tipsy?

I can't really remember...a long time ago. I don't really get tipsy these days because I don't drink in Turkey. Only because I like wine but not Turkish wine. I do have a few glasses of wine when I'm in England though because the choice is good...but not enough to get tipsy.



16. Favourite ever film?

The Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland because it reminds me of the enjoyment of watching it with my children (over and over and over again!) when they were young.



17. Care to share some wisdom?

Yes...my favourite quote from William Shakespeare is pretty wise: ""Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none"



18. Song you can't get out of your head?

The workmen in next door's driveway had a radio playing this morning and I heard the song "Hi Ho Silver Lining"...although I can't remember who sang it...but it keeps going round in my head and is driving me nuts...aaaargh!



19. Thing you are looking forward to?

Hopefully being able to afford another trip to the UK soon to see my grandson...so in other words...looking forward to winning the Lottery so that I can come and go whenever I want to!



20 If money were no object, where would you choose to live?

I'd choose to live in two places...in Turkey primarily but I'd also have a house in England, by the River Thames, and I'd have a private jet to transport me back and forth whenever I wanted to.

4 comments:

  1. That was a great insight into what makes you tick - I'll sum it up in three words - your husband, daugher and baby Billy (oh and chocolate, okay four words then).

    The drawback now of course is that whichever country you are in, a bit of you will also want so much to be in the other one. Oh Ayak - life is very hard sometimes.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.thanks goodness for webcams then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make it five words FF...my dog Beki too. miss her dreadfully!

    How did we manage without webcams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, sorry to miss out Beki. I bet she is missing her mummy lots

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x