Pages

Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Another Meme

I've been tagged by MelRoXx here for a Meme.  I'm really not very good at these, but as I have a little free time and nothing much to write about at the moment, I'll give it a go.  I have to answer the following questions:

TV/Movie Characters you relate with:

Not a good start I'm afraid, because I don't relate to any TV or Movie characters.

Three countries on your travel list:

Ah this is easier.  There are so many but the top three would be India, China and Canada....to experience three totally different cultures.

Hit the shuffle on your i-Pod...list out 3 songs

Oh dear...can't do this...don't have an i-Pod.  I'm old and most new technology goes way over my head.

Daily must haves:

Coffee...lots...far too much.
Cigarettes...bad habit but an enjoyable one.
A nap...because I don't sleep enough at night.
Time to spend on my laptop

Things you're confused about

Oh...where do I start with this one?  OK technology...it's too fast and furious.  There's just too much for me to get my head around. 

Complex electrical appliances...I have the simplest of microwave ovens....just start...heat/cook...stop. Same with cooker and washing machine.  I have a very simple DVD player which has been sitting gathering dust for months, and I still haven't worked out how to connect it.

And I'm still confused about some Turkish cultural things.  Sometimes doing the right thing by my own instinct turns out to be the wrong thing, and vice versa.

Browse your DVD or bookshelf...pull out 3 at random.

DVD...Complete boxed set of Inspector Morse...love it...can watch it over and over again. Absolutely adore the late John Thaw.

DVD...Life on Mars...first series...brilliant..can't wait to get the next series.

Book: Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith...Set in The Soviet Union 1953...have just read it...excellent.

Three things you wish you'd known earlier

How to use a computer

That it would have been sensible to listen to my solicitor when I went through a messy divorce.

Never judge a book by its cover...in other words don't trust people too much...outward appearances can be deceptive.  People are not always what they appear to be.

If you had to date a celebrity who would it be?

I would refuse...I have no desire to date a celebrity.

If you were a celebrity who would it be?

I wouldn't want to be a celebrity...sorry not a satisfactory answer...but an honest one.

If you had to give your blog a facelift what would it be? Awards, backgrounds or memes.  How about a giveaway?

Well I change my background occasionally...it's about all I can manage.
What's a giveaway?

And I'm passing this Meme on to Amagerican here, Prospero's Cellphone here and Jazzy at My Window on the World here ...oh you lucky people!

19 comments:

  1. That was really interesting for me as I haven't *known* you for long.
    I do agree with you about the technical things being hard to get your head round.
    I also LOVED the late John Thaw.
    I'd hate to be a celebrity too and there aren't many I'd like to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lots in common then Maggie! In fact if you don't mind can I add you to my list and ask you to do the same Meme? Would be nice to get to know you a bit better too. Don't feel obliged of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey, I haven't even learnt how to change the background yet.

    You're doing well!

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. GG...it's so easy...well if I can do it, it must be. I found this blog http://www.backgroundfairy.com/
    and this is where I get my backgrounds. Her designs are lovely and the instructions are just so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayak, Karen's stuff is great...re my attempts to be all independent, Mr. Fly, tiring of the bad language and things being hurled, took a hand...and lost all our documents! He did get them back, with much bad language and things being hurled...
    I love the Morse series - the photography is super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fly: Oh no!! He sounds just like Mr Ayak. I won't even allow him anywhere near my laptop. He's broken 2 computers in as many years!

    Yes everything about Morse is wonderful, as you say the photography..but also the music.
    Have you watched the spin-off series "Lewis"? It obviously can't match Morse, but it is still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did enjoy finding out more about you. This is a very good meme theme. I would hate to be famous - imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ayak, will do mine tonight

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes,I tried Lewis, but the magic had departed with the advent of the shaven headed sidekick....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dear Ayak!

    I'm taking a page out of Miss Footloose's book and addressing this meme to you personally!

    TV/Movie Characters you relate with:
    - actually no one, as I generally watch either the news or escapist stuff. (for instance, I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other night and tho we had marriage in common, the rest of our lives were miles apart!)

    ``````````

    Three countries on your travel list:
    -I've always wanted to go to the Olduvai gorge in Tanzania, just to see where it all started. I'd also love to take a trip to New Zealand and maybe Equador to see the Galapagos Islands.

    ````````````

    Hit the shuffle on your i-Pod...list out 3 songs
    - Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros (song I liked in Mr and Mrs Smith), Good Mother By Jann Arden (obviously 'mother" on the mind, - Chan Chan By Buena Vista Social Club

    ```````````````

    Daily must haves:
    PG Tips tea, My laptop, SOME background music to my life

    ``````````````

    Things you're confused about
    American politics, why perfectly good lightbulbs go poof randomly in this house, the world monitary system.

    ```````````````

    Browse your DVD or bookshelf...pull out 3 at random.
    Guitar Recital: Fabio Zanon, Various Positions: Leonard Cohen, Dreamland: Robert Miles

    ``````````````````

    Three things you wish you'd known earlier
    three children are NOT easier than two, having a cellphone doesn't free up your life, time really DOES go faster as you get older.

    ```````````````````

    If you had to date a celebrity who would it be?
    Harrison Ford, Richard Gere or Pierce Brosnan (i'm a sucker for a pretty face...)

    `````````````

    If you were a celebrity who would it be?
    FRANCOISE BARRE- SINOUSSI - Nobel Prize winner 2008 for AIDS discoveries. (wouldn't it be nice to do something the whole world would benefit from?)

    ``````````````````````

    If you had to give your blog a facelift what would it be? Awards, backgrounds or memes. How about a giveaway?
    Probably awards, so I could send them to some of the great blogs I read.

    `````````````````

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your responses and in particular truestarr for taking the time to do the Meme...great answers!

    Fly: Yes I agree Lewis doesn't have the same magic. I'm not sure anyone could live up to John Thaw's wonderful performances. I actually liked the sidekick though ..I'm glad they chose someone completely different in character from Lewis. Although it will never run and run like Morse did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I´ll get cracking with that, Thanks Ayak.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ho Dear Ayak, I've just nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog" award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou truestarr I'm deeply honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to do this meme in a day or two as I have also been tagged by MelRoXx. Bless her heart....it's another on my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amag and Gael...Looking forward to your Memes...but no rush!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooops I posted mine on my blog, I thought that was what I was supposed to do-oooh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amag: You're right...that's what you're supposed to do xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x