Pages

Friday, 2 October 2009

Just three weeks to go

Three weeks on Sunday, the 25th, I will be off to England for two weeks to see my beloved grandson Billy.  I don't have the words to describe how much I miss him, and my lovely daughter.

It's at times like this that I have a few niggly doubts about living so far away from them....and wish my finances were such that I could just pop over whenever the mood takes me.  I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this way.  There are so many people out there that have moved to a different country, away from their loved ones, for one reason or another.  It's not an easy decision to make...it certainly wasn't for me 11 years ago...and it doesn't get any easier with time.

I don't know what I'd do without the internet, and the wonders of the webcam.  Who invented the webcam? I don't know...but they deserve a huge hug!

My daughter spent the day with my niece yesterday, together with her little boy Matthew, who you may recall was born one month after Billy.  I'll leave you with a few pics of them together:











10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Ayak, look at the size of him now, he is beautiful, and loved, and so happy, wait until his granny holds him again, it wont be long now.

    Matthew is growing so much as well, oh it is great they are so near in age, and will be great friends.

    Nobody is really sure who invented the webcam, bit of a debate, whoever it was, respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super photos...two sweet little boys.
    Future blackmail material when they get girlfriends....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at the third picture of Matthew - he looks like a little old man :)

    sweet pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute babies. Cho Chweet! I guess the excitement is building as the date of journey come closer and closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou all for the lovely comments. I'm pleased that they are getting to know each other. My daughter and my niece are making a big effort to encourage this new generation to be a bit closer than previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pair of characters ha ha!!!

    They´re gorgeous and I bet they are hugely entertaining.

    Yes thank heavens for webcams and the internet.

    Ayak remember to pre book your Easy tickets well in advance to get those really cheap deals. You may be able to pop over on a more frequent basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amag...I keep checking...almost daily because I need to think about the trip after this one which will be April...there's not much choice at the moment on dates so I'm waiting for more to be available and also for good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turkish Airlines to Stansted isn´t too bad (Dkk 1800 - must be around the £180) in January and Lufthansa to Heathrow (from Izmir) is about the same. Pitty that Ezy don´t fly all year though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely babies. They're just like twins! You are right, Ayak! It is great to have the internet. I wish my finances were strong enough to be able to drop home every so often. My mother has now agreed to have us, and I have a sister there who will probably help us out but I have to get my husband working on the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gael: I'm so pleased your mother has agreed to have you...I felt sure she would. It was probably just a bit of a shock at first. You must all be very excited about going.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x