Saturday, 28 November 2009

A change is as good as a rest

Those of you who regularly visit my blog may have noticed that I frequently change the background and text colours.

I don't just do this with my blog.  I'm constantly re-arranging the furniture in my house and the contents of my cupboards.   I don't know why I do this, but the urge to change things can suddenly occur at the most ridiculous times.  It's not unusual for me to wake up in the middle of the night and just decide to change the layout in my bedroom or sitting room.  

Mr Ayak gets a bit cross with me when I do this, as it often means moving heavy furniture such as wardrobes, and he worries that I will injure myself in the process.  I have of course put my back out so many times doing this, and then have to put up with the discomfort for several days.

However, once done, I have an overwhelming feeling of  elation.  I'll sit back and gaze at the results, and often re-arrange things a bit more until I'm totally satisfied.  I'll be happy with the results for months...until I have the next urge to change it again.

I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with me...there must be some underlying reason for my desire to keep changing things.

Being able to change my blog backgrounds helps to satisfy this desire...and at least it doesn't give me back-ache!

And talking of blog backgrounds...I have Karen at BackgroundFairy to thank for providing such wonderful backgrounds.  If you haven't visited her site already, please do so...there's so much to choose from.

7 comments:

  1. Aloha ve Merhaba, Ayak!


    First of all, your grandson is adorable! He has those adorable "Gerber baby" cherubic cheeks that you just want to pinch ;o) Masallah, masallah!


    I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I just want to say how refreshing it is to find such an honest, heart-warming blog. I respect the fact that both you and Mr Ayak do not worship at the United Church of Money, and that you realize how wealthy you are in such unconditional, enduring love. You sound like such a phenomenal woman who sees worth in who people are, not in their bank account or job titles. I hope that someday I can be as wise and strong as you are, and maybe meet my soul mate, too.


    Well, I also tend to change things up very often. My own blog has gone through numerous overhauls. The same can be said with my life. The world is so vast...so many wonderful things to discover and explore, and so the wise thing to do is keep seeking. It's not discontent, but rather improvement. It's not changing ourselves completely, but bringing to the surface parts of ourselves that lay dormant or shoved to the corner.


    In any case, a blessed Eid al-Adha to you and Mr Ayak.


    Hugs to your precious Billy ;o)


    Kind Regards,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! A warm welcome to my blog and many thanks for taking the trouble to read and make such a lovely first comment.

    İyi Bayramlar and very best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stuff at Karen's site...but I have to be desperate before I move anything, on the blog or in the home. When I do, though, it all goes at hurricane strength, and then it's over for the next ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your backgrounds!

    When I was younger I used to be altering the house round all the time. My husband never knew whether he'd stumbled into the wrong house!
    Oh, I used to love those days before back trouble and other things got a hold. Now I have to ask others or put up with things......... sigh!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fly: I wish I could be so restrained and just do it every 10 years.

    Maggie: The backgrounds are lovely aren't they? This one is supposed to be a Christmassy one but I like it so may keep it longer.

    I shouldn't move things..my back plays up at the best of times..but once I get the urge there's nothing stopping me I'm afraid. I'm my own worst enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should tidy up my place once and for all but I'm so busy all the time.....problems, problems! It could do with a bit of sorting out, especially my cupboards...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaelikaa...cupboards are always the worst aren't they? Well mine are. If I leave them too long they get so full I can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x