Pages

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Credit where credit's due

I posted up one of these pics yesterday along with others of our garden and the gazebo which Mr Ayak kindly worked on for several days...just to give me somewhere cool to sit in the coming hot months.  But I really should give him credit for all three of these photos of the almonds and grapes growing.  These are the kind of pics that I so enjoy on other peoples' blogs and are what I aspire to, now that I've managed to get my camera working.

It all looks so simple, but when I attempted to do the same, I realised it certainly was not, and I deleted my pathetic attempts.  However, I intend to practise until I get it right.






Mr Ayak's partner arrives on Monday and they will be setting off to the hotel near Bodrum to start getting ready for the opening of their new business.  There's an awful lot to do and Mr A is very stressed at the moment.  The work in the garden has, I think, helped relieve the stress and given him something else to focus on.   Unfortunately his stress, together with the worry about lack of money, has rubbed off on me, and I started smoking again yesterday.   I know...bad move...and I had managed a week without cigarettes...but the timing is wrong...I need to be a lot more relaxed to make it work.  Of course the lack of money means that I won't be smoking anywhere near as much as I used to...only 2 or 3 a day in fact ....so at least cutting right back has to be an improvement. 

I'm so looking forward to my trip to England on the 18th.  I can't wait to see Stella and Billy.  Again the timing is not quite right.  I would prefer to be going with some money so I could at least pay my way and give my daughter and grandson a few treats.  I'm sure I'll manage something though...the credit card will no doubt take another hammering!  Stella is a very understanding daughter.  She never asks or expects anything of me.  She too struggles financially so she knows exactly what it's like to be hard-up.  We will no doubt be going for lots of walks and finding other things to do that don't cost money.  The most important thing is being able to spend precious time together....and you can't put a price on that!


6 comments:

  1. It does take a while to get used to a camera and I'm sure that in time you will be very pleased with your photos. As for smoking again - well, we all make the decisions we want to and what anyone else says doesn't really matter. As for spending time with loved ones - that is indeed the best thing in the world.

    As you say love and closeness are cash-free; feeding the ducks in the park, sitting on benches people watching whilst chatting about silly stuff - the odd ice cream - I'm very happy that all this will soon be yours.

    Good luck to Mr A - I'm not surprised he is stress and that you are too. I really really hope it all comes good for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is the most important thing, something I didn't really appreciate until we emigrated, and I'm sure you'll find lots of things to do that don't cost anything - and young children don't need to have money spent on them to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FF: Thankyou for your kind words and good wishes..they are very much appreciated xx

    Jan: It's hard living away from family isn't it? And the visits to see them go far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a difficult time for Mr. Ayak...all the fuss with FIL and the stress of setting up a new business...so it's no wonder it has rubbed off on you.
    Isn't it always the way that when you could do with a bit of money in the back pocket it has already evaporated on boring bills!
    I loved the photographs and hope you'll have some stunners of Billy when you go over to see him and your daughter.
    At least with a digital you won't have photo printing bills to pay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, with you it's smoking; with me it's eating! We both need to lose our crutches!

    I feel your pain on the financial issue. No fun; lost of stress. Still, you will enjoy your visit. C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fly: I'm not one for wishing my life away but I really would love to fast forward a few months when things will hopefully be better.
    I'll have to practise lots with the camera and take as many pics of Billy as possible!

    Stickhorse...there's always something we ought to give up or cut down..it's not easy though! I will enjoy my visit that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x