Thursday, 1 April 2010

Easy Muffins

I first made these muffins when I didn't have scales.  Someone gave me the recipe and I wrote it down on a scrap of paper.  The measurements were mostly in "cups".  I've long since lost the scrap of paper, and I never bothered to convert the measurements, so I use a mediıum sized coffee mug.

It's quite an adaptable recipe, and I use various flavourings, depending on what I have in the cupboard.

This morning I made raspberry muffins.  Fresh or frozen raspberries would have been wonderful, but I didn't have any, so I used raspberry jam.

You will need the following:


1.1/2 cups of plain flour
2/3rds cup of sugar
10g baking powder (we have 10g sachets here, but I think a teaspoon is about the same)
1/4 tspn salt
1 large or 2 small eggs
120g butter or margarine...melted
1/4 cup milk

Suggestions for flavouring: 

2 mashed bananas...or the equivalent amount in any other mashed fruit, or jam.

 3/4 of cup of choc chips, or sultanas, or  nuts, or anything else you can think of which will  compliment the other flavouring.

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  Mix all the other ingredients in a smaller bowl and add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well.  Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin or cases, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.  This mixture makes about 12 muffins.

I used the raspberry jam today without any nuts, choc chips, etc...and they are delicious.
                 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I can smell them over here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ingredients are about the same, I think as for pancakes...I have learned recently to make pancakes, and I cannot have enough of them. Thank you for the recipe...I will try it first thing in the morning...Kisses from Romania ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they do smell nice Heiko!

    Hi LaMia. I love pancakes too. These muffins are so easy to make. Unfortunately they are so easy to eat too...they don't last for long!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yom! I will have to write that down. Like the idea of the mug measurement too.

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie...yes I like measuring in mugs....although a lot of tried and tested recipes start off being trial and error don't they? I don't measure ingredients for the muffins anymore, but as I intended to put it on my blog, I had to sit down and work it out properly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to save the recipe, it sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x