Pages

Monday, 10 May 2010

Brrr...it's cold here!

My flight was delayed on Thursday evening by two hours, which meant that I didn't arrive at my brother's house in England until around 3.00am Friday.  However there were only 17 passengers on the flight which meant that I had plenty of room to stretch out and sleep for most of the journey.

I've spent every day with Billy and Stella and it's just wonderful.  Billy is such a little character and I can't take my eyes off him.  I was a little apprehensive because I expected him to be wary of me.  After all I haven't seen him for almost 7 months.  But I needn't have worried...everything was just fine and we hit it off straight away.

On Friday night my laptop was infected by some kind of virus which was extremely irritating, so on Saturday morning I set off to find a pc engineer, left the laptop with him and collected it this afternoon.  Unfortunately it cost me 50 pounds, which I can ill afford, but I had no choice.  My laptop is like my right arm...I couldn't manage without it..

I can't believe how cold it is here.  It was around 84 F at Bodrum airport on Thursday evening, so this weather is a bit of a shock to the system!  Of course I have totally inappropriate clothes, but have received donations of warm clothing from relatives and friends.   And now I really do feel like the 'poor relation'!

Thankyou everyone for your comments wishing me a good time, and excuse me for not responding individually but I'm a little short of time

Will catch up again very soon.

14 comments:

  1. You're right, it's freezing here ! Enjoy your visit though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got the heating back on and I'm in winter jumpers and thick trousers.

    Glad you are enclosed by the love of your family.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it.
    Have a whale of a time with your daughter and Billy and keep wearing the thermals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I should I warned you about the strange English weather. I am blaming the volcano for it!
    Hope you manage to stave off the cold with lots of layers. It is the only way.
    Hope you have a deliriously happy time with Billy. Every child knows its Gran..... especially a doting one :-)
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been watching the volcano action and thinking about you and your flight. I'm so relieved to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done so much to bond with Billy that distance doesn't really matter. Great that you could spend some time together. I know what you mean about the laptop being like your right arm - it's the same with me.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you made it at last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even down our way the weather is crap! But it's your insides being warmed (and not with intoxicating liquor ;) ) Enjoy your time in good ol' Blighty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness you got there. We have our fingers crossed for my Mum and partner who are now due to arrive here on Sunday. We do clothing handouts too... folk who visit and expect it to be boiling hot all the time, when it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its like a mid summers' day here! really hot!

    btw, like your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone...thankyou all for your comments.

    In spite of the weather I'm having a great time!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, you must have your laptop! I know Billy is a wonder! have a lovely time and keep us posted on all! C

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really chilly here right now. Keep warm and have a great visit - weather be damned!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x