Pages

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Off to England tonight...fingers crossed!

The volcanic ash which reappeared and caused disruption to airports again yesterday in Northern Ireland and Scotland, is now blowing away from the United Kingdom, and all being well my flight will take off tonight and tomorrow I will be able to see Stella and Billy at last.

Yesterday I was anxiously watching news bulletins and hoping desperately that I wasn't going to face yet another cancelled flight.

I'm taking my laptop with me so I may blog from time to time, but please forgive me if I don't have time to respond to your comments, or to visit your blogs...I'll catch up with it all when I return on the 23rd May.

13 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with Billy. I think the ash is behaving itself today. :-)
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie...it certainly seems to be xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your flights.
    The airports here are opening and shutting here in Ireland, they reckon it might be like this for some time.
    We were planning to go over to England in July for a wedding so now I have booked the car on the ferry just in case and before everyone else does the same...
    Have a lovely time with your daughter and Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan Thanks xx

    Monalisa...Thanks. I think you're very wise to book the ferry in advance. It certainly looks like this disruption will continue for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have fun.. take pics.. safe trip and hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nomad: Will try...will do...thanks and am not in too much of a hurry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy yourself and come back with lots of little treats for yourself. We'll still be here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck sweetie or should I say Inshallah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having fun in Blighty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time...all your bloogging friends will be like little examples of those cherubs on the corners of old maps...blowing the volcanic clouds away from the route of your 'plane.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x