Pages

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Out of Action

I'm just letting you all know that I lost my internet connection on Monday and goodness knows when normal service will be resumed.

I am having quite a battle with TTNet at the moment which has resulted in very costly phone calls from my mobile.  My landline is outgoing local calls only, so I was in Milas at 8.00am this morning to change the tariff, and also to search the building for someone with at least a tiny bit of English, to try and sort out my ADSL problem.

I've found a man whose English is about as good as my Turkish...leaves a lot to be desired in other words!  Anyway between us I think we may be getting somewhere.  I have been promised a visit from an engineer tomorrow to sort out the problems.

In the meantime I decided to hop on the bus and spend the day at Mr Ayak's hotel and use his laptop to catch up with my emails....and at least I'll get a free lunch!

So apologies if I don't reply to your comments or visit your blogs for a while.  I'll catch up as soon as I'm connected again.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck,and look forward to hearing from you when all is sorted.
    Enjoy your day with Mr. Ayak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this issue gets sorted out soon. Cos I really wait for your comment on my posts! :)

    Hope to hear from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when you get it fixed, there still may be problems. My blog has been completely undependable for day since the government started fooling around with the access. Sometimes it looks normal and other times it is completely devoid of photos I uploaded. Hope you get your problem resolved as soon as possible, Ayak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all gets sorted soon Ayak xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so annoying when it happens.
    Have a good time with Mr Ayak and I hope the problem is fixed soon.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have the same problem all the time when we lived in Thailand...don't worry...we'll all still be here :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A free lunch and free internet is nice every once in a while. Hope you're back on line soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone...I'm back...more or less!

    Nomad: There is something strange going on..I'm also having problems getting into my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x