French Leave. She thinks I need something else to do instead of weeding...and she's right!
I have to answer 10 questions that Fly has asked me. Then I have to think up 10 questions and pass them on to 5 other bloggers.
So here goes with Fly's questions...and my answers.
1. What will you be doing while the football world cup is on?
I'll be watching the England games....and maybe a few others if the mood takes me. We don't have a TV anymore because I now watch UK TV on subscription on my laptop......so internet connection and electricity permitting...I can watch all the programmes I like and miss from the UK.
2. What picks you up when you're down?
A few things do. Seeing Stella and Billy on webcam. Spending rare time with Mr Ayak. Blogging...and in particular receiving comments from people I now consider as friends.
3. Indian or China...we're talking tea here, not economics...
Neither. I'm not a tea drinker. Although I do have the occasional glass of çay (Turkish tea) when offered...out of politeness. I'm a coffee drinker and I drink far too much of it.
4. What do you value most about blogging?
I kind of answered that in question 2. The fact that I have regular followers, who give me advice, offer an encouraging word, and who take the time to read my words, is what I value most. But I also value the fact that it's an outlet for everything that's going on in my head. I find it very therapeutic to write it all down.
5. What can't you bring yourself to throw out of your wardrobe?
There are two things. Both kept for sentimental reasons but will probably never be worn again. The first is a long flowing skirt...multicoloured...the first item of clothing that Mr Ayak bought for me 11 or so years ago. It was quite expensive but it's hideous...he has no taste in clothes. But I wore it several times because I love him and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He has bought other clothes for me over the years...all hideous, until I sat him down one day and gently asked him not to buy any more. I told him that I don't need more clothes...which is partly true. Anyway I just can't throw the skirt away.
The second is the dress that I wore to Stella's wedding in July 2007. I had bought it in Monsoon in England the previous January, gained weight between then and July and only just managed to squeeze into it and hold my breath for 12 hours. It's a lovely dress and I live in hope that I will wake up one morning to find all my excess weight has disappeared overnight and I can wear it again.
6. Would you rather someone didn't ask your views on controversial issues?
Yes...most definitely. It's a sure way to lose friends and gain enemies.
7. Do you recommend people..and then wish you hadn't?
Oh yes...often..and then having to keep apologising for it.
8. Do you own up to reading light novels, or hide them under the cushions if visitors arrive?
I own up to it. I used to be more discriminating when I lived in England. But it's almost impossible to find English books here...so if anyone offers me books, I'll read them. I don't always enjoy them but I can't imagine a life without books.
9. Content with your own company or gregarious?
Very much content with my own company. I would say that I was gregarious when I was younger, but having spent years working with people and their problems, I very much value time on my own.
10. One thing which would noticeably improve your life.
To receive a letter from my credit card company to say they've cancelled my debt. I was going to say a lottery win...that would be nice...but getting shot of the credit card would be a start!
OK...here my 10 questions: (They're not as good as Fly's and I was tempted to cheat and use hers!)
1. Is there anything in your life that you wish you'd done differently?
2. Are you a morning or night person?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. Savoury or sweet?
5. Do you keep in touch with old friends or do they get lost or forgotten along the way?
6. If you had the choice, where in the world would you like to live?
7. Popular or classical music?
8. What characteristic in people in general do you most dislike?
9. Do you enjoy spending hours shopping, or do you try to get it over with as fast as possible?
10. Who is the person who has had the most influence in your life?
I'm going to nominate 5 people, in accordance with this tag, but I've picked them at random, and would be really pleased if anyone else takes up the task. I love finding out more about you all.
Cross the Pond
Diary of an all Pakistani girl (Kaibee...I know you're bored...this will give you something to do!)
Nuts in May