Thursday, 15 July 2010

It's practical joke day...right?

Do you ever have one of those days?  When you think someone's playing practical jokes on you?  

I awoke this morning to no water...again.   No matter, I'm used to it.  I was up very early as usual and switched on my laptop.  Was logged on for about half an hour when my internet connection was lost.

OK...no problem...I have things to do.  Out came the vacuum cleaner and no sooner had I plugged it in than the power was cut.

So...no water...no electricity and no internet connection.   I went back to bed for an hour or so.

The power and the water returned shortly after.  I switched on the laptop...still no internet.  I loaded up the washing machine, and went off to have a shower.   I started to wash my hair, just had the shampoo nicely lathered, was about to rinse it off, when the water was cut again.  I wasn't about to use my precious bottled water to rinse it so I wrapped my head in a towel and got dressed.  Switched off the washing machine which was mid-cycle and making awful noises because of the lack of water.

I switched on the laptop again and still no internet.   So I phoned TTNet to see if I could find out what the problem was.  They informed me that there was a problem in my area and it was being worked on...and that it could be off all day.   I then tried to ring Mr Ayak at work on the landline, and it just died on me.  No doubt the men working on the internet connection are messing about with the phone lines as well.   OK...I thought...I'll ring him on my mobile...no chance...no signal!

The temperature is rising here...it's over 100 F now.  I switched on the aircon, did the vacuuming, then settled down to watch DVDs on my laptop.   About an hour later...guess what?   The water returned and the electricity supply was cut.  So I rinsed my hair, and continued to watch DVDs on the laptop until the battery finally ran out....sweating profusely of course because of the lack of aircon.

The electricity supply returned around 1pm...thank goodness...as I was rapidly melting in the heat.   I was connected to the internet again at around 3pm, but the phone is still not working.

It just feels like I have been the victim of a huge practical joke today...and I'm not laughing!

20 comments:

  1. You're not laughing... and I am so sorry... I really am... but your post made me giggle! I'm rather embarrassed about that, but there is something very comical about the way that you just wrote that post. It's certainly not the situation that is funny - but the way in which you describe it... oh I'm so so sorry Ayak but it's simply hilarious!
    I hope you're feeling better by now, and that you have all of your resources back. For how long they are back, that's quite another issue, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. Kudos to you for being able to deal with the anarchy of it all. I'd run away screaming.

    Look at the bright side: You made me (and no doubt lots of others) laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes even swearing won't help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astro: Now it's perfectly OK for you to laugh. I actually find that when I'm getting annoyed about stuff like this, writing it down actually has a calming effect..so much so that I can actually laugh at the stupidity of it all!

    Jazz: Hi! I might well have run away screaming if it wasn't so damn hot...running is just not an option right now!

    Glad I made you laugh though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it made me laugh too Ayak .... sorry hehe. I would be constantly stressed living where u do I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, sorry, I'm laughing too :-) At least you didn't think 'ok the power's out, I'll do the ironing................ who me??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bomb: Stress? What's that? ;-)

    Rosie: I've done that more times than you can imagine (blushes)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or..........that's ok, I'll have a cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep Rosie...done that too...have even poured the cold water from the unboiled kettle into the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You poor thing!!! I cannot deal with heat at all, I don't know how you do it. However, I love to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a frustrating day sound so funny....the sheer build up of contradictory happenings...though you must have been seething!
    Hope you have water, power and internet all running in synch for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How maddening for you. We take all these things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had days like that in Thailand...you'll be laughing about it in a few days!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'Cross the Pond: I'm really not that good with the heat these days. I find it worse as I get older.

    Fly: I was seething as you can imagine! Everything is OK now...well the water's been off for 3 hours...but ı can deal with one thing at a time.

    Monalisa: I never take any of these things for granted anymore!

    Carol: Yes..it's better to laugh than cry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, it could be worse... It could be raining! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heiko: Nooooooo...that wouldn't be worse...that would be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahah ayak, i totally get what ur saying! i hate those days too. Our electricity goes four times a day and its a daily routine! Also our TV just refuses to function. Then there's the phone line that is so disturbed, im thinking i need to take it to a shrink ;) But writing is the best way to get it out and u sure make us enjoy all the more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Abeer...Hi! All these things are sent to try us...it's amazing what we can get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Ayak! I just hate that....

    ReplyDelete
  20. gaelikaa..It was a bad day. I hated it..but writing about it made me feel a lot better...and it seems it made a lot of people laugh!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x