Pages

Friday, 27 August 2010

Facebook Users

I'm always aware of security and privacy issues on Facebook, so in case any of you use Facebook and didn't know about this, I'm posting it here.

Facebook launched Facebook Places yesterday. Anyone can find out where you are when you are logged in. It gives the actual address & map location of where you are as you use Facebook. Make sure your kids know. TO UNDO: go to"Account", "Account Settings", "Notifications", then scroll
down to "Places" and uncheck the 2 boxes. Make sure to SAVE changes"


..and maybe it's a good idea to post the above on your Facebook status, as I have.   It doesn't concern me on a personal level, because of where I live, but I do worry about all the young kids using Facebook, who may well be on their computers at home alone.   So please make your kids aware!

ETA:  I would mention that the above was copied from one of my Facebook friends' status...someone who is trustworthy... so I'm passing this on in good faith, without being able to check the accuracy.  But I thought it better to be safe than sorry.

6 comments:

  1. thanxx 4d info on fb.. i totally did it.. i have been visiting ur blog...4m..a long time.. i really like d fact this blog z letting..me know such a nice person like u.. congratulations of having such a wonderful BLOG TC..

    ReplyDelete
  2. anki: Hi and welcome and thankyou for your kind words. Well done on starting your own blog..good luck with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Ayak. You give some good advice for someone who thinks she's not "techy". Facebook should ask if we want to opt into this new service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not a good thing that they've launched it...I mean dont we have some privacy?

    Please do visit back my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x