Tuesday, 21 September 2010

From negative to positive

I constantly tell myself that I must try to see things in a more positive light.  Sometimes it's difficult, sometimes it's impossible, but it's important to keep trying.

The flood:   It could have been worse.  We have electric extension sockets on the floor.  I could have stepped into the dark house and the pool of water and received a shock which might have killed me.  I didn't.  So I'm lucky that nothing electric was affected.

Mr A undertook the big clean up.  I didn't have to do anything.  That's good isn't it?

The drawers and cupboards under the sink in the kitchen were also swimming in water, so they had to be emptied, the drawers dried out, which happened overnight, and everything placed back in good order.  Large items such as the cooker, fridge-freezer and washing machine had to be dragged out to mop up the water.  Now I expect there are many of you like me, who rarely pull these large items out because they are just too heavy.  When  you do there is always so much dirt and grime behind them.  So Mr A has cleaned all this.  Another job I don't need to worry about for some time.

He has managed to rescue the fitted carpet after all, washed it along with the Turkish carpets and they are all drying outside today.  They actually all needed a good wash so I'm really pleased about that.  Thank goodness we still have temperatures in the 80s during the day.  It should all be dried out by tonight. 

Mr A said last night that we were indeed lucky.  It could have been fire instead of water...then we would have lost everything.  We've lost nothing.  Everything has been saved and by tonight the house will be back to normal and spotlessly clean.

Good result I think!


...................

It's come to my notice that some of my followers are again unable to post comments on my blog.  I am also having the same problem with some other blogs that I follow.  I really don't know what the problem is, because it happened before, then suddenly everything was OK, without my having to do anything.  Now it's happening again.  I think it must be a Blogger problem.

Please rest assured I am reading all the blogs on my list, even if I'm not commenting.

14 comments:

  1. I've just read your last 2 posts & I am very sorry about the flood.
    Just as well Mr A takes a very positive attitude. I'd have never heard the end of it If it happened to me!
    Anyway, you have better weather to dry out from all that water and one thing that you can also be thankful for, is that it was clean water and not smell river water from a natural flood.
    Keep smiling.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie: It doesn't bear thinking about if it had been dirty water! Still smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you'd decided to do a spring clean the prospect would have given you the horrors....!

    I am having Blogger problems too...not all the time, though, so I keep thinking it is O.K. and then it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly: I really needed to do a spring clean...but spring moved on to summer and summer's nearly over...and yes it would have given me the horrors!

    Exactly the same for me with Blogger..one minute it seems to be working fine...the next it isn't.
    Infuriating isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just done a double read of your latest posts and I am so sorry you have had these difficulties - but you are right. We must be positive and how great Mr A has been to get it all sorted on his own.

    Hope you can shift the cold away too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling a bit better now, and I'm glad that your house is almost back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh it never rains but it pours! (couldn't resist...hope it made you smile!). Sorry to hear about the flood but Mr Ayak is right...at least it wasn't fire!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that everything in the end all worked out. Though I can totally understand the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol: Thanks...and welcome back xx

    likeschocolate: Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You handle problems much better then I. I'm impressed by your tenacity and your great outlook on things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to count your blessings. There's nothing worse than people moaning and complaining when things go wrong - they literally chase away their luck. I've seen it happen so many times.

    Good for you, Ayak, you're on the right track...

    love, maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ayak,

    I couldn't find any contact information, so I decided to leave a comment here.

    I'm Andrew Dunkle and I currently serve as the senior editor of GoOverseas.com. We are contacting you with regard to your blog, Turkish Delight, which the editorial staff at GO! Overseas has selected as one of the top travel related blogs in Turkey. As recognition of your outstanding writing skills we are delighted to include your blog in a select list of websites representing Turkey. We select only the most exceptional blogs that meet our exacting standards and we hope you feel a sense of pride that you have been recognized for your efforts. You may view this list on our website here:

    http://www.gooverseas.com/turkey-blogs

    You are welcome to display one of the image badges we have created specifically for blogs we feature in Turkey. This is an easy way to let your readers know that you have been recognized as an outstanding blogger. You may contact us to receive a badge via email.

    Thank you for all the high quality content you have contributed to the global online community. We look forward to continuing to follow your experiences abroad in Turkey. If you have questions about GO! Overseas please don't hesitate to contact us.

    Warm regards,
    Andrew Dunkle
    --
    Andrew Dunkle
    Senior Editor
    www.gooverseas.com
    www.facebook.com/GoOverseas
    twitter.com/GoOverseas

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x