Saturday, 25 September 2010

Wow!!

I'm left rather speechless this morning.  The following comment appeared on my blog this morning.  I have heard of this organisation.  One of my followers 'Cross the Pond' received similar recognition for her blog as an ex-pat living in London.  I never imagined I would receive the same.

"Hi Ayak,


I couldn't find any contact information, so I decided to leave a comment here.

I'm Andrew Dunkle and I currently serve as the senior editor of GoOverseas.com. We are contacting you with regard to your blog, Turkish Delight, which the editorial staff at GO! Overseas has selected as one of the top travel related blogs in Turkey. As recognition of your outstanding writing skills we are delighted to include your blog in a select list of websites representing Turkey. We select only the most exceptional blogs that meet our exacting standards and we hope you feel a sense of pride that you have been recognized for your efforts. You may view this list on our website here:

http://www.gooverseas.com/turkey-blogs

You are welcome to display one of the image badges we have created specifically for blogs we feature in Turkey. This is an easy way to let your readers know that you have been recognized as an outstanding blogger. You may contact us to receive a badge via email.

Thank you for all the high quality content you have contributed to the global online community. We look forward to continuing to follow your experiences abroad in Turkey. If you have questions about GO! Overseas please don't hesitate to contact us.



Warm regards,
Andrew Dunkle

--

Andrew Dunkle
Senior Editor
http://www.gooverseas.com/
www.facebook.com/GoOverseas
twitter.com/GoOverseas

14 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Congratulations.
    I feel that your blog and Gaelikaa's blog are wonderful for giving ordinary folk like me the chance to go and find out what it is like to live in a very different culture.
    Long may you both blog about your different countries and the lovely but sometimes difficult things you have to cope with.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! couldn't happen to a nicer person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ayak, it is truly deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but now visitors from all over the world are going to show up on your doorstep.:) Congrats on being recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone...I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it really....but in a nice way :-)

    (Mr H: Goodness! I never thought of that :-O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Ayak, its a brilliant blog and you write so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! A thousand congrats to you! Very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Cross the Pond: Thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Ayak. Well done and well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats wow indeed. congragularions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks jedilost...and apologies for not replying to your post sooner.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x