Pages

Saturday, 16 October 2010

It's Saturday again!

Not that Saturday is any different to any other day of the week here...it's just that Saturdays seem to come around so quickly.  A sign of getting older I think...the weeks rush by far too fast for my liking!

OK...an update.  Well as brief an update as possible about Mr A because I am becoming so exasperated I'm fast losing the will to live.

He still thinks he can sell the mesir macunu products.   So (you may ask) why did he return the rest of the stock at the beginning of the week for a refund?  Well it would seem that the remaining products were ones that weren't so popular.  He found another supplier today who has more of a variety of products on offer, some of which are cheaper.  An order was placed, a price given, but then we were quite shocked to learn the cost of sending it by cargo.  Cargo costs in Turkey are usually pretty reasonable but this company charges by the kilo and its expensive.  We would also have had to pay a fee for paying the cost of the order into the company bank account, which we couldn't do today because it's Saturday.  So we would have had to wait until Monday, pay the money, and then the goods would be despatched to arrive on Tuesday.

We weighed up the cost of all this against the cost of petrol to make the trip to Manisa, and there frankly wasn't much in it, so as Mr A doesn't want to waste precious selling days waiting, he set off at lunchtime today to collect the stock.  He will make some stops on the way back to start selling, return home tonight and start again tomorrow...this time staying locally.   Ahem...which was my idea two weeks ago...but of course he knew best (which he didn't!)

And he seems to have learned a lesson from the distress he caused me last weekend when I couldn't contact him, and has just borrowed someone's phone to call me quickly so that I could call him back.

And that's all I want to say about this, other than he has tried desperately to find some other kind of work locally but there is absolutely nothing, so at least he's doing something!

I'm really annoyed today because I couldn't log on to my UK TV website for some reason.  It just keeps coming up with "host not found"  then I get the HTTP404 message so I have no idea what's happening.  I have internet connection...everything else is OK but just cannot get my TV site.  And I was so looking forward to Strictly Come Dancing and the X Factor tonight.  I've tried phoning the company but there's no-one there...perhaps they've gone bust?  Or worse still maybe this is yet another site that the Turkish government have decided to ban....who knows?

The weather has been very unpredictable today.  I set off to Milas this afternoon in temps of around 80F...blue skies...lovely.  Then as I was shopping some clouds suddenly appeared and it started to rain.  It stopped 10 minutes later...brilliant sunshine again.  It has been doing this all afternoon.  It's dark now and a few minutes ago I heard the rumble of thunder so I think we are likely to get a storm tonight.  I love watching storms....well tonight I'll have little choice...no TV website to watch and no television!

So...that's another Saturday gone.   Have a good weekend all xx

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the frustration of wanting to watch or listen to something and the whole shooting match goes down for no fathomable reason...drives me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fly: Me too! I have always said I could live without television, but I've realised I was wrong! Late last night instead of the HTTP404 message I got a "website under maintenance" message so at least I know they're still there. If I finally get it back I will complain and expect them to add extra days to my subscription. There was no warning of this which is really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.casttv.com/search/strictly%20come%20dancing/1

    Does this help at all? I have watched some of the episodes on BBC on Digiturk before. Made me tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nomad...Well it doesn't help in terms of watching last night's episode. However it's a useful site and I've added it to my favourites...along with this one which you might find useful?

    http://www.cucirca.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your blog but it is the first time that I write a comment. I felt i needed to because I feel so impressed by your husband refusal to give up. I like a trier and I congratulate his spirit. I also admire your understanding and I hope that things will turn out good for both of you. I wish you both the best for the future, keep going......
    loretta from scotland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really impressed by Mr Ayak's sheer determination. Good Luck to him with the latest one.

    Hope you get your TV link sorted soon.
    Anne Widdecombe is still in Strictly, but we lost Paul Daniels! Hope that has helped!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loretta: Hi and a warm welcome to my blog, and thank you so much for your kind wishes. I'd be very happy if you would join my list of followers. xxx

    Maggie: Thankyou. St,ill trying to get my TV link sorted with no luck so far. Not surprised Paul Daniels is out. Ann of course is useless at dancing but I think people like her and she's good entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see how exasperating Mr A must be sometimes, but at least he is trying to work and there's a lot to be said for that!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x