Pages

Thursday, 25 November 2010

Meeting a fellow blogger

Tuesday was a great day.  I met up with a fellow blogger for the first time.... Bombshellicious

As a result of following each others blogs for some time, we progressed to talking on Facebook and MSN.  We realised pretty quickly how much we have in common.

We both caught trains on Tuesday and met in Reading.  We spent most of the time talking, drinking coffee, eating a late breakfast (courtesy of some vouchers provided by my lovely brother), and getting to know each other better.  "Bomb" attempted to take photos with her mobile phone.  She took loads..and we fell about laughing at the results.  She sent me two of the snaps of us together  yesterday and this is one of them...I expect she will use the other one when she writes about our meeting.

We both knew when we first started chatting on the internet that we would hit it off...you just have a feeling about some people.  But we both agreed on Tuesday that we felt like we had known each other for years...in fact I wish I had known her for years...I know we would have had such fun together.

She is a lovely person, and such good company and the day flew by very quickly.  We are both hoping that we can manage more opportunities to meet up in the future.

10 comments:

  1. hey, sounds like good fun. Could do with a link so I can read what she thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an unexpected bonus of blogging that you encounter people with whom you immediately feel at ease, and as if you had known them for years.

    Super day for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I am glad you had such a wonderful meeting. Happy Thanksgiving from the state of Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelloggsville: If you click on her name in the first line of my post it links you to her blog.

    Fly: Yes it is a bonus when it turns out this way. x

    likeschocolate: Thankyou and the same to you xxx

    Bomb: Your face is NOT fat...looking forward to the rest of the photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooooooo jealous. I think we are much alike also and I'm hoping you don't take that as an insult...lolol..
    I know we would have a great time together too. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds as though you had a great time, and the first of many meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like you guys had a great time - what a nice way to put a face to a friend! It is amazing how we get to know people better thru their writing - we tend to be more honest and direct that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you guys had a great time - what a nice way to put a face to a friend! It is amazing how we get to know people better thru their writing - we tend to be more honest and direct that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte Ann: Yes I think we do have a lot in common...you never know...maybe one day we will also meet up

    Jan: Yes we did and will look forward to more in the future

    OJ: Oh I agree. And it means that we know all the background stuff about people before meeting them face to face, it saves a lot of time which can be better spend just enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x