Pages

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Silly Saturday

Today is going to be enjoyably silly.

My daughter and I are going to see the Christmas lights being switched on in the town.

There will be lots of activities for children throughout the day, including a visit to see Santa.

What I do find particularly silly...and I can't stop laughing about it...is that they didn't manage to find a "celebrity" to switch on the lights.  So they have the winner of a local talent competition to do the honours.  He is an Elvis impersonator...groan...and will be performing for an hour before he switches on the lights.  We thought we might just pop into McDonalds for a happy meal when this happens!!

This will be followed by a firework display from the roof of the town hall.  So should be a pleasant Saturday.

The snow that's sweeping the country hasn't yet reached us, but it's on it's way...and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  The temperature here is -1 C and have just checked home and it's 22 C!

8 comments:

  1. Never mind the cold and snow, you'll have a great time anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Elvis impersonator certainly counts as Silly Saturday!
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a student might say, "What means 'snow'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope u all have a great time, no getting too excited over the Elvis impersonator lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be keen on the Elvis impersonator either.
    I expect a bit of snow would make a change for you after Turkey! You must find it cold here!
    Hope you enjoy your day.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's -7C here right now and falling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fly: Very silly!

    Nomad: Haha...and you will reply "let's say it whilst we are doing aerobics"!!

    Bomb: Yes I must restrain myself lol

    Maggie: Am sooo cold. We had snow when we lived in Cappadocia and temps going down to minus 20, but that was some years ago now and I've got used to the warm weather.

    Kelloggsville: Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x