Pages

Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Back to Reality (and stuffed mushrooms)

My two week trip to England seems ages ago even though I've only been back home for four days.  I've almost forgotten how cold I was.  I walked a great deal.  I caught the bus every morning from my brother's house into town, and then had a half an hour walk to Stella's new house...ears and hands frozen...nose running...brrrr! Then did the same return journey at the end of the day.

They have settled in well in their new home.  They have had a lot of sorting out to do, but they're getting there.  Stella is so looking forward to next summer when she will be on maternity leave with Billy and the new baby and will at last have a garden to sit in.  She is very tired and needs a break...I'm so proud of my daughter and the way she copes with everything.

The weather here is glorious.  It's like the early days of summer in England, and unbelieveable that it's still like this in December.  Mr Ayak spent half the day gardening yesterday, while I sat out in the sunshine and watched...it's back to t-shirt weather...wonderful!

Mr A is waiting for money to come from a job he is doing at the moment.  Ah!  Waiting for money!  The story of our life!  So as usual we are on an economy drive.  I brought a few goodies back from England but sadly we have eaten most of them...the chocolates are all gone, but I still have a little bacon and some Double Gloucester cheese.  Mr A brought home some large portobello type mushrooms and I decided to stuff them yesterday.  I had made up a packet of sage and onion stuffing, brought from England, to have with chicken the day before, and had some of the stuffing left.

I chopped and fried some onions and garlic in olive oil, added some chopped bacon and the stuffing to the pan and then stuffed the mushrooms.  I sprinkled some grated cheese over the top, drizzled with olive oil, and popped them in the oven for about half an hour.  They were absolutely delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks yum I must do it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does sound like a nice meal...I do love mushrooms and your stuffed ones sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks super...a new way for me, so I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of those stuffed mushrooms, I will add to my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do give them ago everyone..they really are delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x