Pages

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

After the Rain

The rain finally stopped in the early hours of this morning.

I took this photo from my balcony at around 10.00am.  The sun was shining, the sky was clear and it was lovely to see everything looking so green.  We needed this rain after a long, hot, dry summer.

Mr A planted some onions just over a week ago before the rain, and we can already see small shoots appearing through the soil.  Isn't it amazing how fast things grow?

Poppy also enjoyed the sunshine this morning and  I had to remove her woolly jumper because she was too hot.  I bought it for her on my trip to England, because the one I had made for her from the sleeve of one of Mr A's old jumpers had fallen apart (I'm really no good at making things).  It's very cute isn't it?




Beki also enjoyed being outside again after days of rain.  This would have been a nice photo of her but she's camera-shy.  As soon as I point it in her direction, she looks away...every time.


So we made the most of this lovely day because it won't last.  The black clouds have appeared again. It looks like more rain is on it's way.

16 comments:

  1. Yes isn't it Fly? I wouldn't mind one like it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that blue sky and green landscape look lovely. I have seen too much white and gray lately, and we are in for another 3 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Oh well, spring will come soon, I hope.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda: It makes you feel so good to be alive when the sun is shining doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so gorgeous there and the dogs look gorgeous too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see the beautiful countryside where you live and to see the doggie friends. Yes....... a lovely coat!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bomb, it's not so lovely when it's raining!

    Maggie; It is a nice coat...I'll use this one as a template to make one next year I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I found you through Kate's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deniz and a warm welcome to my blog. Now tell me...have you had your portion of overcooked vegetables today? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. H ah! Actually, I'll be making kabak yemegi a little later on. In the pressure cooker and all [g]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Not the dreaded pressure cooker! Seriously, I'm sure it will be lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! Turns out it's not a pressure cooker, just a tencere - I was remembering my mom's recipe wrong [g]
    And did I say Kate, above? of course I meant Carolyn!
    I was thinking of Kate Kaynak, as I just posted the pitch for my novel on her blog today - she's offering critiques!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post-rain pictures!! so the summer ends in January for you in your town? So lucky! :)
    The place where I live is all about gray clouds and rain! Looking forward to warm days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deniz: Yes I knew you meant Carolyn. Do you have the link to Kate's blog?

    The Bug: Well we may well get more rain before March/April time, but this winter has been less rainy than most. It's quite cold now though and will be for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here it is!
    http://thedisgruntledbear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x