Pages

Monday, 17 January 2011

An Award

I am very happy to have received this award from 'Cross the Pond.  It did give me a bit of a giggle because these days I am far from stylish...but I appreciate the gesture...thankyou.

There are as usual things I have to do in accepting this award:

To thank and link back to the person who awarded you.


Share 7 things about yourself.

Pass the award on to other stylish bloggers, and let them know.

I always find these tasks difficult.  Sharing things about myself...I don't know what there is left to share...I write about almost everything in my blog!  But here goes:
 
1.  I love getting letters...REAL hand-written letters...not emails, or text messages.  People just don't write letters these days do they?
 
2.  I can't wear anything that is creased.  Even the old clothes that I wear at home.  When I make a trip to England for example, the first thing I do when I unpack is to iron everything.
 
3. If there's housework to be done, I have to do it early in the morning or I can't relax for the rest of the day.
 
4. I hate owing money.  If there are bills to be paid I have to pay them on time...if possible I pay them early.
 
5.  I  like swimming but am terrified of my head going beneath the water.  A throwback I think from being pushed into the deep end of a swimming pool when I was a child.
 
6.  I get bored very easily.  I have a butterfly brain which flits from one thing to another.  I can't even sit in one place for more than half an hour.
 
7.  I am over-sensitive and I hate offending anyone, which brings me to:
 
...passing on this award.  I am supposed to nominate 15 bloggers to receive it, but I don't want to offend anyone by not choosing them. 
 
So I am going to change the rules to suit me and just choose three bloggers for this award, for different reasons.   
 
French Fancy at French Fancy Moves to Kent for moving on with dignity.
 
Fly in the Web at Costa Rica Calling. A wonderful blogger whose French Leave blog I have always enjoyed. She is now living in Costa Rica and this new blog really deserves an award.
 
Maggie May at Nuts in May who inspires me with her faith and courage.
 
 
   
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award. I commented earlier about your Silly Saturday adverts which had my laughing.

    I'm Maggie's brother, Eddie.
    IYou may know I host a weekly interview column called the Sunday Roast. Maggie featured on it a while ago and she recommended you as for the feature.

    I would be honoured if you agreed.
    Please email me on

    eddiebluelights@gmail.com

    Best wishes
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddie. I do read your Sunday Roasts from time to time. They're great and I would be honoured to be included. Thankyou. I'll email you xx
    (And thanks Maggie for recommending me x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well deserved, you well ironed Ayak...hoping desperately that well ironed does not have some unsuspected alternative meaning these days...!

    Thank you very much for thinking of me...and it's an honour to be in the company of the other two bloggers you nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly: Well if it has an alternative meaning..I'm not aware of it!

    And it's a pleasure to pass on this award to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your award! and what do you know? we have some things in common: 1) I too hate owing money! I rather lent money than to ask for it (although I am not particularly keen on loaning either, but that's a different story).2) I am super sensitive, aprehensive and often find myself thinking way too much about what other people is going to think or feel if I do or say something... it is exhausting!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks, Ayak. I am greatly honoured.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award!
    When I was young and we visited my grandmother in Kusadasi, my sister and I would write to our friends in Canada and get letters back - but in recent years, if I've tried sending a letter to my grandmother at any time of the year, it seems to take weeks and weeks to reach her. Is it just me, or has the mail service actually deteriorated?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OJ: It is indeed exhausting to constantly worry about offending or upsetting people. Being over-sensitive is a curse!

    Maggie: You are most welcome xxx

    Deniz. I guess this is the problem. Post takes too long and we have all become impatient and want instant responses. Nevertheless for me an email will never replace a real letter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you. Rules were made to be broken. Very interesting to learn more about you. Love the three bloggers you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! I too love getting letters in the mail (on pretty stationary)...and I hate putting my head under water. (I had a deep-end incident when I was little too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Cross the Pond: Thanks! I just found it difficult to choose a large number because I worried that the rest not chosen would be offended...so narrowing it down to 3 seems the best way to go!

    Carolyn. Thanks. I expect like me you can be seen from a great distance when you're swimming...head way above the water :-))

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x