Pages

Monday, 31 January 2011

Real Housewives

Whenever I'm searching for something on the internet I have a tendency to get distracted.  I do recall that I was searching for a particular episode of a particular BBC series the other day...but I can't honestly remember what it was.

I got sidetracked because a video popped up of an episode of an American reality programme called Real Housewives in Beverly Hills.  I was curious so I clicked on it to have a look...and I was hooked. I then discovered the whole series and have been watching the episodes ever since.  Well. it is winter, and I was feeling a bit off-colour, and there's not much else to do.  OK...enough of my trying to justify watching this crap.  I really enjoyed it.  It's an absolutely fascinating insight into a world that most of us would never enter.  It also proves, that no matter how much money you have, you can still be bitchy, fall out with your friends, have problems with your husband, and still not be happy.

So I've watched the whole series (except for one episode yet to come) and I decided to google  to find out a little more about the characters......only to discover that there are 5 other similar series!!

Real Housewives of....Orange County, New York City, Atlanta, New Jersey, D.C and Miami.

Of course I'm going to have to watch them all now.  How will I ever find the time? 

Note to self:  When searching the internet, stick to what you are looking for, DO NOT click on to anything else!

11 comments:

  1. I thought it was just me who got so eaily distracted on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely not you Jack! Some days I'm so distracted that before I know it a whole day has passed...wasted on the laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there's nothing much to do outside at this time of year, so why not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see a show called the Real Housewives of Turkey. These shows are not very real; However they make for someething to watch when nothing is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me (you've changed your name!!)
    I'm afraid I watch all sorts of rubbish throughout the winter.

    likeschocolate: The more I watch of this series, the more I can't believe these people are real!
    Haha...Real Housewives of Turkey..now that would be really something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaargh!! Don’t get me going about these..these…these….vain, brainless, self serving, spiteful, facelifts in heels. I’d rather spend a night upside down, locked in a small cupboard with a pile of angry ferrets. Look at them all…most of them are too scared to smile in case their faces explode! And the one on the right who ‘is’ smiling had to pay twice as much to have her smile glued on…permanently. Now she’ll spend the rest of her life speaking like a ventriloquist.

    Talking of dogs – How did you actually download that ‘My Lets Adopt’ lovely doggy widget Ayak. I have subscribed to the site, but for the life of me I can’t determine how to grab that widget over here. I’m not on ‘face book’, so I wandered whether you got it from there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Phil: It's all make believe...escapism...and I love it!

    Now the MyLetsAdopt widget: Go to your Design and click Add Gadget. Go to the Add Picture gadget. Fill in the boxes with the caption and the Link box should contain this link http://blog.myletsadopt.com/
    Then you can copy and paste the pic from my blog and add it to the widget.
    Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  8. DA DAAAAAA!! Bingo! Your'e a Star Ayak. Clearly your'e a bit of a secret PC guru geek on the quiet. Worked like a dream. Ta evaso. Take a look at my shiny new widget!!

    Never used that method before, so now I'm off to burgle all kinds of other stuff with my new toy box here.

    And love it you should by the way. Never thought for a moment you took them seriously. It's what I call 'car crash Tv'. Provocative and attention grabbing. Good commerce. Even if I do have to jump behind the sofa to yell at it now and again.

    Woof Woof Woof Woof Woof Woof....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phil: Me? PC guru geek? Far from it..it takes me ages to work things out. Glad it worked on your blog though x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find my way back from my wanderings. I start out looking something up and find that I have wandered down paths that looking back hours later, I have totally lost what I initially started out looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling exactly charlotte Ann x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x