Pages

Friday, 21 January 2011

Serious Saturday

I won't be doing a Silly Saturday post this week.    Instead, today, I want to draw your attention to a more serious topic.

You may have noticed this pic on my sidebar.  If you click on it, it will take you a website called MyLetsAdopt.

It's run by a guy called Viktor Larkhill.  He and so many others throughout the world, work tirelessly to save animals.  You can read more about him on the website here, and also more about the work being done...and still yet to be done.


On Sunday there is a demonstration in Istanbul.   Read more about it here.

I can't attend but I can do my bit by publicising it here and elsewhere.

I have rescued several dogs and cats since I moved to Turkey, and in the days when I could afford it I had them vaccinated and neutered and found them homes.

Not all of us can afford to donate to worthy causes, or to adopt animals in need of a home.  But we can help by spreading the word to those who can.

Just posting a link on the sidebar of your blog would do so much to help.

Thankyou.

4 comments:

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x