Saturday, 8 January 2011

Silly Saturday

These are classified ads, which were actually placed in a U.K. newspaper:



FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8 years old.
Hateful little bastard.
Bites!

FREE PUPPIES
1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbour's dog.

FREE PUPPIES.
Mother, a Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.
Father, Super Dog... able to leap tall fences in a single bound.

COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.
Also 1 gay bull for sale.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer £100.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
Worn once by mistake.
Call Stephanie.

*** And the WINNER is... ***

FOR SALE BY OWNER.
Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica,
45 volumes.
Excellent condition.....£200 or best offer.
No longer needed; got married last month.
Wife knows f#%#%#g everything

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. My husband really liked the last one. Have a great Saturday. We are expecting snow sometime tonight or tomorrow. The kids are so excited since we only get it once to twice a year and it only last a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were fun!
    Mr. Fly loved the last one too.
    I'm trying to e mail you and failing miserably...mine is
    baggus1@yahoo.com...if you'd be kind enough to e mail me, I'll get in touch about the shark stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that last one was really good.:) Every time I visit your blog now I have to stop for a minute an admire that view on your header picture...so green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. likeschocolate: Enjoy the snow..hope there's enough for a snowman!

    Fly: Yes I like the last one too. Have emailed you xx

    Mr H: Of course it's not that green during the summer! I used a photo taken by someone else in the village of this particular view...to save me climbing up the hill behind my house!

    Bomb :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were very funny adverts. Hardly believable!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol..silly! A silly Saturday...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie: I'm sure there must be lots more out there!

    Charlotte Ann: I think we need to be silly at least one day a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last one is very good. Not sure if those are the words of my husband. LOL

    I sometimes watch jay Leno on satellite and he has a segment, where he points out mistakes in adverts. That can be quite funny at times as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie: Yes they could be my husband's words too!

    I'm not sure if I can get Jay Leno here, but I have seen him before. Very funny man.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x