Monday, 28 February 2011

Only when it's sunny....

...do I seem to have energy or the enthusiasm to do practical things.

I had my baking day on Saturday when the weather changed from storms to sunshine.

Yesterday, however, it rained all day and I'm slightly embarassed to admit I didn't get out of my pyjamas.  I spent most of the day on the laptop, just occasionally wandering out to the kitchen to make coffee or get something to eat.

The sun came out today and I was up at the crack of dawn raring to go.   I cleaned the house and then tackled a pile of ironing which has been building up for weeks...I hate ironing!

A few weeks ago Mr A sorted out the old house in the garden (photo here) which we use as a shed and dumping ground for anything that we don't have room for in the house.  It also contains a lot of stuff belonging to FIL, as well as wood, which Mr A used last year to build the fence next to the old house, and which has also been used for the soba in the spare room.   It was an awful mess and it took Mr A several days to sort it out and make tidy.   He is generally a very untidy man and I have to constantly remind him not to just open the door of the old house and throw things inside.

Today I was looking for something....don't ask me what, because for the life of me, I can't remember.  All I do know is that I searched cupboards and drawers in the house, and then started searching in the old house.
I pulled out huge boxes and rummaged.  I took down big plastic bags full of things that were hanging on hooks attached to the rafters.   And this is probably when I forgot what I was looking for, because I get distracted.  I just love rummaging and came across all sorts of things that I had forgotten about, plus some interesting stuff belonging to the in-laws.

I made quite a mess which of course I needed to clear up before Mr A arrived home, because I wouldn't want him to think I'm as untidy as him!

Mr A had an interview on Saturday with one of the carpet centres in Bodrum.  Mr A is good at selling carpets and he knows an awful lot about the history of Turkish carpets.  He had 4 years experience selling carpets in Cappadocia, and a year in Selçuk.  He still has a few contacts in the business, and came across one of them on Facebook...and this is how he managed to secure the interview.  I'm a bit hesitant to talk too much about it because I don't want to tempt fate.   It looks promising.  He has to go back in a week's time to talk further and hopefully get a contract which would mean he could start work around the middle of March.   Naturally I'm keeping fingers and everything else crossed that this works out, but I never count on anything in this country until it actually happens.

.......and I still can't remember what it was I was looking for today!

12 comments:

  1. Fingers duly crossed.

    I know what you mean about looking for something...I start out with
    'Where is the X?' with X quite firmly in mind and find myself some time later with an open box or suitcase in front of me and a totally blank mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fly, I keep thinking it must have been something important or I wouldn't have spent so much time searching...oh I expect it will come back to me at some time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything crossed for Mr A's second interview, Ayak. I chortled with grateful recognition at your forgetfulness. It's SO nice to realise I'm not the only one who gets side-tracked like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P in T: Thankyou. Do you think it's an age thing? Getting sidetracked? I haven't always been like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it is, Ayak. Made worse in my case by the tablets I had to take after breast cancer, but I think it would have happened without. Anno domini, my dear....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exactly what I do. I spend a whole afternoon looking at things and then bundle it all back in an untidier position than it was when I first started looking!
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to Mr A! I'll be a customer!
    Seriously. I have a wedding to attend in the UK in September and DH and I will (WE HOPE!) be going to Turkey before the wedding (both Kusadasi and Istanbul) and I'd love to get my friend a carpet as a wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right Ayak :)
    Sun it makes you feel energetic and out-there! But snow or heavy cold rains... ummm... I don't know they make you feel laid back and lazy. That is one reason I HATE snow :/

    Anyway, I hope Mr.A gets this job! :) And don't worry, things will roll out fine for the both of you. :)


    Love from Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie: I wish I was more methodical...this getting sidetracked is a curse at times.

    Deniz: Thankyou...I daren't uncross my fingers. Maybe Mr A can help you with finding a suitable carpet. He's an expert at haggling and getting a good price. Just let me know nearer the time. I'm sure he could meet up with you in Kusadasi.


    Kaibee: Hi sweetie! Thanks..I'm hoping things are starting to improve. We have to remain optimistic don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. keeping fingers and toes crossed for mr A x I am constantly looking for things, last week I lost my keys and they stayed lost for 9 days, had a new set cut and evrything!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahah Ayak ..... have u remembered yet lol. Keeping everything crossed for Mr A xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this ban on blogging in Turkey just dreadful!

    All because of blasted rights to stream football matches!

    Do you want to e mail me your blog text and photos and I'll put them up on mine...well, I think I can do that thanks to your course in computing for numpties!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x