Pages

Saturday, 12 February 2011

Silly Saturday

It's Valentine's Day on Monday so I thought you might appreciate some quotes on love and marriage on this week's Silly Saturday post:- 

Women marry men hoping they will change.Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed. -- Albert Einstein

An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her-- Agatha Christie

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. -- Groucho Marx

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell. -- Joan Crawford

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip. -- Jonathan Carroll

If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married. -- Katharine Hepburn

All marriages are happy. It's trying to live together afterwards that causes all the problems. -- Shelley Winters

To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen, Love and Death

11 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing at the Groucho Marx....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and here is another one that I like.:) -

    As for his secret to staying married: "My wife tells me that if I ever decide to leave, she is coming with me." - Jon BonJovi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very funny one Fly :-)

    I like that one Mr H :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Einstein guy must've been a genius! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one did my head in..... but I think its true!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to read it several times Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what's the conclusion, Ayak? I liked your post also the Bon Jovi comment above! Or Mrs Bon Jovi's I shld say ...

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. The conclusion Claudia? Your guess is as good as mine ;-)
    I like the Bon Jovi comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm with fly re Groucho's quote. Like Shelley Winter's one too.

    Woody Allen's quote is all too true but by the time I got to the end of it I was snoring...and that's not very romantic at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have to read Woody's quote a few times for it to sink in Phil!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x