Friday, 25 March 2011

It's Friday!

I can remember the days when I looked forward to Fridays...you know...the end of the working week and the whole weekend to look forward to.  But now it's just like any other day and I suppose should be grateful for the fact that the weekend won't fly by like it used to bringing another Monday morning far to quickly.

This is the good side of being retired...endless days ahead of you.  Most of the time I love that feeling but occasionally I get bored with having little to do.   It's good when I have something to look forward to.

Our plans for this year seem to be taking shape.  Mr A is going to buy a motorbike from one of his bosses, who has agreed to accept payment monthly, deducted from his salary.  He should have it sometime this week but won't be able to start travelling home each day until he gets his first salary cheque which is likely to be around the 2nd or 3rd April.  We weighed up the pros and cons of the motorbike versus renting an apartment in Kusadasi, and the motorbike option, even with the cost of petrol, is by far the cheapest.  

And....the in-laws are due to arrive tomorrow night.  Well we can't always have things to look forward to can we?

But in 4 weeks time I will be in England in time to celebrate Billy's 2nd birthday and the arrival of my second grandson.    I can't believe how two years can go so fast.   Just look at him now...a proper little boy.

8 comments:

  1. Billy is a lovely boy. He has really grown into a young man. When the baby arrives he will seem huge.

    Glad Mr A is getting the motorbike.

    You will have a great time when you come over. It is lovely and sunny and green and fresh!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little chap, isn't he!
    Well, the motorbike solves a lot of problems....and perhaps if things go well you could build things up a bit and think of renting somewhere more central next year...I'm just so sure you two would be a whizz in property management.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy looks gorgeous and glad you will soon be able to see more of Mr A. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't they grow up quickly? He's gorgeous and will make a super big brother for the new baby.

    The motorbike arrangements sound like a good solution for the meoment. Roll on the beginning of April. Fingers crossed for the visit of the in-laws this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember that while you dreaded the last visit from the in-laws, you actually reached a better understanding with FIL and found him easier to manage. Perhaps that will happen this time too ! And with your trip to the UK coming up, it'll take more than FIL and his grumpiness to get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahh what a cutie. Just be nice to the outlaws now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everything seems to be working out for you. Billy is adorable. Hope your trip to England is lovely and stress free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured in Hurriyet Daily News! I just read the article.

    Have a wonderful time with Billy on your visit!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x