Thursday, 3 March 2011

A New Day....

...and the problems continue.  Here is another article which tells you about the ban.   I have been searching for advice on dealing with this problem, and to be honest it all becomes so technical and complicated that I have made the decision to just stick with it until the ban is lifted...whenever that's likely to be...how long is a piece of string?

The way I will operate  at the moment is that when I have access to my Dashboard I will write a post and publish.  If I lose my dashboard, I will get Bombshellicious to post for me.

Please rest assured that I am reading all your comments, and in some cases where I either have your email addresses or if you are on my Friends list on Facebook, I will respond if necessary.   As far as everyone else's comments are concerned, I would just like to say thankyou for continuing to read and comment on my blog....your support is really appreciated...thankyou.   I am also "anonymously" browsing your blogs, so I'm thankful I can read them and keep up to date with what's going on in your lives...although again I can't comment.

Some of you have kindly offered more technical advice, or ways I might try to gain access to my blog.  Again, many thanks for taking the time to do this.  I can assure you that I have tried everything within MY capabilities.   My internet capabilities are limited however.  As I've mentioned before, my brother-in-law in Ankara often helps me with problems by gaining access to my laptop, whilst I sit back and watch the cursor click and move.   He would be the first to tell you about the many times I've absolutely messed things up by trying to solve the problems myself.

I have the added problem that my laptop is Turkish.  Although I have changed every possible setting to English, a lot of the instructions for operating it are still in Turkish.   I can't do anything about that, but you can imagine how frustrating it can be to start to deal with a problem in English, and halfway through the process, the instructions revert to Turkish.   Naturally I can understand simple instructions in Turkish, but when it starts to get technical,  I panic and my mind goes blank. 

My brother-in-law is a very busy man. He has very limited free time, so I emailed him at the beginning of the week and will wait patiently for any advice or practical help he can provide.  In the meantime I will continue like this.

I've had a really bad head cold this week, along with an upset stomach, so I'm not at my best.  I tried to stay in bed yesterday but it didn't work out that way.  Mr A, like most men, seems to forget that I'm not feeling well.  He was working out in the garden all day.  It's very muddy out there right now, and to avoid trailing it into the house, he just kept calling out to me when he needed something.  So I was in and out of the bedroom all morning.  Eventually, I just gave up and got dressed.  It's funny the way women will just carry on with daily life regardless of how ill they feel, whilst men, at the first sign of Manflu, take to their beds!  (Apologies to my male readers if you happen to be one of the rare men who don't behave like this!   If you're not...maybe you'd best keep quiet about it!)

We had to pop into Milas on Monday morning. I went into Carrefour to pick up a few things, leaving Mr A in the car park with the motorbike.  When I came out he was talking to a man in English.   This man and his wife live about 10km outside of Milas.  They are both English, and shortly his wife arrived and we all introduced ourselves.  It's quite rare to find foreigners living in Milas.  Those who settle here tend to gravitate towards the tourist areas.  Anyway they seemed very pleasant and we have exchanged phone numbers and intend to keep in touch.   I'll look forward to some REAL English conversation in the future!

This morning the sun is shining so I intend to make the most of it.  I plan to take a book and my mp3 player outside and relax while Mr A continues with the gardening.

Have a good day everyone x

7 comments:

  1. As my mother says it never rains but if pours, hope you feel better soon and the ban is lifted soon or you keep finding new ways round it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that this is not the first time the Turkish Governament has banned blogger. Anyway, try the following.

    Go the the website www.atunnel.com This site is a proxy server.

    In the box next to the button marked, 'Begin Browsing', type in the web address of your blog which is http://ayak-turkishdelight.blogspot.com hopefully this should open your blog page. It is as simple as that.

    Please let me know if it works.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...as you know I know...what you mean about anything vaguely techie...I can't use those e mail reply forms that pop up on websites as they ask impossible questions about one's server - or something!

    I know what you mean about Manflu too!


    Enjoy the sun...and enjoy watching someone else work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your cold is improving, Ayak, and glad you have some new English acquaintances to take your mind off the Blogger fiasco. I will keep reading and commenting and look forward to the time you can comment right back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading and watching! Good luck to you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon Ayak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can help you a little, if you like! I could probably translate some of the instructions, as long as they're not too technical.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x