Friday, 4 March 2011

Silly Saturday

Yes I know it's still Friday but access to my dashboard is becoming almost impossible. I've managed it three times today and was looking for silly laws on the internet and copying them for this post, and each time my post wasn't saved and I lost it. Also, whilst posting this way, through the backdoor, I can't "preview" my posts either, so apologies in advance if there are any typos. There may also be big spaces between the lines....this is something that has always happened to me but which I am usually able to adjust once I've previewed my post.


So this is attempt No. 4...Silly Saturday...being posted on Friday...just in case I can't get in here at all tomorrow!

Anyway, while I was thinking about this silly blogger ban, I got distracted...as usual...and was reading some recent news reports.

You might be interested in reading this report  from Hurriyet about two men being fined for drinking when they were actually under the limit! Whilst you're on that page, you will find links to other "Related Stories". This one for example shows that the police find it difficult to implement laws correctly. I've always been aware of a lot of petty bureaucracy in this country, but the more I search and read, the more I realise just how much silliness exists here.

To lighten the mood, I'll leave you with some more silly laws. I can't vouch for their accuracy but I'll post them anyway. There are lots in Turkey of course, but this one made me smile:

"It is illegal for men over the age of 80 to become pilots."

............and from around the world:

It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses

Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing

In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation

In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! How spooky is that. I collect this sort of silly stuff too and dump it in my 'humour' folder for inspirational gazing at some time later, and I've got the same list headed up with the taxi cab and rabid dog’s one.

    It's great isn't it! Some of them made me laugh out loud. Great post. Glad your two coke cans and a long piece of string haven’t been cut yet.

    Still cant find my PC glasses. You sure they're not over there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it against the law to carry a piece of Petit Gris...a peculiarly noxious French cheese...in taxicabs in the town of Lille....
    Or perhaps that's sensible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a thing in our news today about Blogger and Turkey and I was hopping from foot to foot going "I already know, I already know" how sad is that? Thailand, pants? Well like that solved their illegal sex problems!!! and Decapitation...poor teenage boys, imagine if they were catholic as well?! Wouldn't the guilt of knowing your mother might catch you be enough without religion and the law weighing down on them?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahah very good Ayak I have a smile on my face reading it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at the pregnant women one. It's ridiculous when people make such a fuss about breastfeeding!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x