Pages

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Sunny Sunday

It should be sunny today...it was a beautiful day yesterday.  The temperatures are still dropping drastically by late afternoon and down to around zero at night.  But yesterday was perfect for washing blankets and bedding.  There is so much dust here and it gets into everything.  I was going through Mr A's wardrobe and discovered that half a dozen of his shirts which he hasn't worn for a while had layers of dust on them so I washed them too...oh I hate ironing shirts!  I may make a start on curtains today.

I'm much happier now that I know the dogs will be taken care of while I'm in England..one less thing to worry about.  My friend Gwen has also mentioned the possibility of Mr A and I renting her place if Mr A stays in the job in Kusadasi, so this is another option which could make life a bit easier for us this year.  We can't make any decisions at the moment because it's early days for him in the new job.  Who knows how long it will last?  So I'm staying here with the dogs until I go to England on 21st April, when Mr A will come over, with a borrowed car, take me to the airport and deliver the dogs to Gwen.  If he is still working in Kusadasi by the time I return on 22nd May, then I will move straight over to Gwen's house.

So at last a plan seems to be taking shape.

I'll leave you with some pics of Billy.  I can't believe how much he has grown and I'm still experiencing such delight when I see him on webcam.  It's just lovely that he recognises me and calls me Nanny...I didn't realise how much this one word would mean to me.
Fun on the swings
Such a happy boy

Enjoying a day at the river with Grandad



6 comments:

  1. Those pics of Billy are lovely...and when you look at those on the side bar and see how he has grown...!

    He's going to be delighted to see Nanny in the flesh as it were!

    Looks as though things might be on the up at last....if you can stay in Kusadasi it gives you time to look around and take stock.....and perhaps go into property management. You would be ideal in that role.

    Only FIL to go...and the ironing, or course! I hate ironing shirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a wee cutie!

    Like the fly in the web said, it looks like things might, finally, be looking up for you! I shall be keeping my fingers crossed :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine the days when people said goodbye to their family and knew they would never see them ever again. We are so lucky now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics of Billy! I've a feeling I went to Kusadasi donkey's years ago when we (my ex and I) were back-packing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plans are turning out well! Getting better all the time!
    Billy is a great little boy.
    The weather here has been amazing today! Hope it lasts for you.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things seem to be falling into place for you, Ayak.

    Love the photos of your grandson. They grow and change so quickly at that age, but a whole month is long enough to get to know him properly at this latest stage.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x