Sunday, 10 April 2011

This has to stop

Yesterday two beautiful horses died in the Grand National.  They are not the first and I doubt they will be the last.  Apparently, whilst these two poor creatures...one broke his neck and the other his back...were lying on the racecourse, a BBC commentator referred to them as "obstacles".

I despair.  Why, in a supposedly civilised country,  is this barbaric race still happening?   It's all about money isn't it?  Where there's money there's greed and this will always override any consideration for animals and the cruelty inflicted on them.  

It has to stop.

(You may be interested in reading this: http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/NEWS/news_horse/ALL/2460//  and this:  http://www.merseysideanimalrights.co.uk/horse_racing.htm )

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Ayak xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember my mother telling how distressed she was when she read about racing dogs that were routinely exterminated when they reached a certain age. (She said she wanted to adopt as many of them as possible but she was afraid they would run off as soon as she let them out of their cages.)

    Their owners had apparently thought it was no longer economic to keep them if they couldn't race any longer. What a barbaric way of thinking.

    This kind of savagery is a betrayal. And mind you, these are the animals that we are supposed to love most.
    If there is a God in heaven, we will all have to pay for this kind of cruelty. We are fools if we think that the way we treat the animals we share the world will not eventually become the way we treat one another.
    Thanks for sharing, Ayak, and glad to have you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100% I couldn't even watch it. Horrific and barbaric. I feel the same way about bull fighting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x