Pages

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Waiting

I seem to spend an awful lot of time waiting.  In fact I recall doing another post about waiting some time ago...probably to fill the time while I was waiting for something to happen.

Well I'm still waiting for my new grandson to put in an appearance.  Yesterday was due date, and in spite of a few signs or false alarms, he hasn't arrived yet.

While I'm here in England, I tried to renew my passport, but the process was far too complicated, so it will now have to wait until I return home, and then be sent off to Dusseldorf.  I guess I was concerned about this new system at first, but I've now discovered that it's actually quite straightforward after all.

I also decided while I'm here to talk to the CAB to get some advice about my credit card debt, and the best way to deal with it.  You may recall that I approached the bank direct asking them to reduce the interest rate, but with no luck.  I then spoke to them on the phone in February and they blocked my credit card, at the same time still refusing to reduce the interest, but they eventually reduced the monthly minimum payment for a period of 4 months.  It hasn't been very helpful and the CAB agree with me.  I saw them for a preliminary assessment yesterday and have a further appointment with them next week, when they will approach the bank on my behalf to see what can be done.

And finally, just before I left for England last week, Mr A and I had time to discuss our plans for this year.  We weighed up our priorities.  Number One is for him to be in a secure job for which he gets a regular salary.  The job in Kusadasi seems to fit the bill.  The possible job in Bodrum is unpredictable.  The Kusadasi job started in March and will continue until the end of October.  The Bodrum job starts mid-May and will probably finish early September.  So the Kusadasi job it is.

We know this means spending more time apart.  We don't want to waste money on renting an apartment in Kusadasi for me to stay there all season, and its not practical for Mr A to attempt to come home every day.  However, we are working on ways that it will be possible for us to see each other at least once a week.  We're going to give it a try and see how it goes.   I know that I need to adapt more than I have.  Turkish wives are used to husbands working away for half of the year, and then having them home for the winter months.  It's something I have been used to before we moved to this village, when we lived in areas where I had friends and a social life.  It's more difficult in the village, but not impossible to achieve if I make a little more effort.

Of course it's easy to feel positive about these arrangements, while I'm here in England, and the village seems a million miles away, but I'll give it my best shot.

Oh and while I think of it...it seems that the Blogger ban in Turkey has been lifted.  I wouldn't have noticed while I was in the UK of course, but at least when I return home, it's one less thing to have to wait for!

12 comments:

  1. All the very best to you all for the imminent arrival. So glad you are feeling more positive and proactive.

    It is so hard to make headway in a village. We are doing much better this year after joining a couple of things and now walking the dog around which seems to please everyone. And I guess that we have been here another year helps.

    Good luck at the CAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the way that you confront your problems head on and work through them methodically to find a solution. Too many people in a similar situation bury their head in the sand and hope the problem(s) goes away; which of course it never does.

    I hope a compromise with the credit card company is found soon.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry wou're still waiting, Ayak. Sounds like he'll come when he's good and ready :-)

    I'm glad you and Mr A have made some decisions you can live with, though it's a shame you can't have the time on your own somewhere you feel more at home with people. As Rosie says, it takes time to be accepted in villages.

    Fingers crossed for some kind of acceptable arrangement with the credit card problem and also that the Blogger ban really has been lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds like a plan,I like plans :) I like your blue flowers too. Come on baby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie: I do need to make more of an effort in this village. We've been here 2 years now and I haven't made much progress but yes it is difficult. Thanks xx

    Jack: Thankyou...I hope so too x

    Perpetua:Of course he will arrive when he's ready. I guess I'm impatient because the longer he takes, the less time I'll have with them all before I return home :-(

    Kelloggsville: I like plans too..especially when they work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like things are starting to move for you - even though it seems like you're waiting. I hope your new grandson arrives soon - most likely around 11am tomorrow so you'll miss the wedding! HOpefully things will improve on the job front for Mr A. and that you will see more of each other soon. It must be difficult. I'm thinking of you and sending good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Cross the Pond. Thankyou xx
    (Still waiting )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing how you are always so positive...fingers crossed for the arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray that the ban has been lifted!

    Hope the baby will arrive soon!

    I think you are both very wise keeping the regular work to try & clear the debt because although you have to be apart more, it will be better in the long run.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fly:I try to remain positive..not always easy! Still waiting for the baby!

    Maggie: You're right..I feel sure things will be better in the long run. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pleased to hear that the Blogger ban is lifted. Good luck with the CAB, I'm sure they'll be able to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope so Jan...thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x