Pages

Thursday, 26 May 2011

Comfort Food

There are several foods that bring me comfort, custard and Cadbury's chocolate to name but two.

On my trips to England I bring back custard..lots of it.  I often bring chocolate but I resisted this time as I seemed to have put on a bit of extra weight during the month there.

I also bring bacon and Brie...because I love both in a sandwich.  I miss bacon and pork when I'm at home in the way that we always miss things we can't get.  But whilst I'm in England I don't even think about them.  I didn't eat any pork during my visit and only had a couple of bacon sandwiches.

My luggage was 2 kilos overweight this time.  I usually get away with much more but this time I was asked to either pay  18 pounds excess baggage, or to remove the equivalent of 2 kilos from my suitcase and transfer to my hand luggage.  I did attempt the latter, but realised that the only way I could fit anything into my hand luggage...which was only my laptop bag...would be to remove bacon, Brie, custard and also 2 items requested by my friend Gwen...slug pellets and woodworm treatment!

Knowing that these items would definitely be confiscated from my hand luggage I ended up paying the 18 pounds.   Worth every penny of course as I have throughly enjoyed my bacon and Brie sandwiches since I returned.

And there's nothing quite like an English fry-up is there?  Very unhealthy but delicious and most definitely comfort food.  So that's what I had for breakfast this morning:


The diet starts tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm egg and bacon yummy. And custard. And Cadburys chocolate. And for me, Marmite,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss pork like mad here - I think it is the tastiest of all the meats :((. Also those lovely soft cheeses. Actually we don't eat much cheese at all apart from a bit of beyaz peynir for breakfast - too fattening: sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie: Ah yes Marmite..now available in plastic jars which are useful for packing in luggage.

    Bomb: Yes it was!

    Claudia: I love pork too. I don't buy much cheese here because I'm pretty sick of beyaz peynir. I occasionally buy tulum peynir which can be nice for a change.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x