Pages

Monday, 16 May 2011

Great days with Billy

On Saturday my daughter and I took Billy on the bus to Windsor.  Jimi stayed at home for some bonding time with his Daddy.  We spent some time in the park, had lunch in McDonalds and a little stroll by the river until it became too cold to be outside, then caught the bus home. 

Yesterday I took Billy out on my own for a couple of hours.  We walked to the park and he had great fun on the swings, slides, and climbing frames.  I am such a nervous grandmother.  I am terrified he is going to fall and hurt himself and I never take my eyes off him for a second.  I don't know why I'm like this.  I can't recall being so anxious when my children were his age.  Anyway, he was fine, we both had fun,  and we made it home safely!

I can't find words to express the joy I experience in the company of this lovely little boy.  The pleasure I get from him calling me Nanny is overwhelming because even though we don't see each other often, he still knows who I am.

This trip has gone far too quickly.  I have less than a week left to cram in as much time as possible with my daughter and grandsons.

And...I will be in Kusadasi after all for most of this summer season...more about that later.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time Ayak, sad the time here has gone so fast. Omg I cant keep up with u and your movements hahahahahahahah look forward to the next instalment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been having a great time, haven't you, and I bet your daughter has been glad of your help and company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't. I was playing swing ball in the garden with my 3 year old grandson the other day. His co-ordination isn't quite there yet and the ball ended up hitting him on the back of the head. It didn't do any damage, in fact he didn't even complain to me about the ball hitting him.

    I discovered later from my wife that my grandson went back in doors and said, "I don't want to play swing ball with grandad anymore. He got me with the ball".

    Fortunately kids that age seem to have short memories. He was back out within 10 minutes for another game.

    Perhaps that why we are so careful with them. We know they will 'grass us up' if anything happens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having such a lovely time with Billy & Jimmi.
    Grandchildren are so precious and I am the same with my own grandchildren....... feeling ever so responsible for them when I am out and watching them like hawks. Its because they aren't ours like our own children were, I think and we would be letting down our children badly if we let anything happen to them.
    Enjoy the rest of the week. Time does fly.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will savour every moment! enjoy the rest of your trip and I can't wait to hear about you being in Kusadasi for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're having such a great time with your family, ayak. I'm with you on the worry of grandchildren - such a responsibility to have the care of someone elses's children, especially your nearest and dearest.

    Great news about the summer in Kusadasi. So much better than having to be apart all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you. It certainly sounds like things couldn't have gone any better.
    As far as Kusadasi, we will have a chance to meet up and it's about time! You could always come up to Izmir for a weekend too. With that train line you just have to get near the airport and the rest is smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bomb:It's gone far too quickly..it really has.

    Fly: ıt's been really lovely!

    Jack: Oh yes! They tell it as it is don't they? :-)

    Maggie thanks...and yes I think you're right

    Noreen: Thankyou xx

    Perpetua: I'm glad I'm not the only anxious grandmother!

    Nomad: Yes its about time we met. I'll actually be in Selçuk so thats even easier with the train. We'll sort something out!

    likeschocolate: Yes it is!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x