Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Post No. 500

Well I've reached my 500th post...quite a milestone! 

This post really ought to be a significant one...something special to celebrate having got this far with my blog.   However, those of you who have followed me for a while will know that I don't really do "special"...I just do me and my life..the things that happen that make me happy, sad, frustrated, angry...and many other emotions too.

I'm still amazed that anyone would really want to read my ramblings, but a big thankyou to those of you who do!

I've nothing much to write about today, other than to say that life isn't too bad at the moment.  In some respects it could be better, but overall I'm feeling more optimistic about the future than I have for a long time. I'm just happy to be spending some time here in England with my family, and thankful that I have two healthy grandsons and a daughter who has turned into the best mother any child could have.

Thanks again to all my followers,and here's hoping I can manage another 500!

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 500! Here's to the next 500! I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you would reveal the name of a celebrity who has a super injunction in force for your 500th!

    Glad things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just popped the champaign bottle! Scared the cats too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Cross the Pond: Thankyou xx

    Jack: You mean there are actually celebrities who HAVEN'T got super-injunctions in force? :-)
    Thankyou xx

    Nomad: Poor cats! Save some of that champagne for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Ayak. People read you because you are 'real', you don't pretend, make things up and put on 'airs', as some Bloggers do. That's why people stick around.
    That's why I read your Blog. It's real life.
    I hope you enjoy your time back in the UK.
    And thoroughly enjoy those lovely Grandchildren, they'll be grown up in the blink of an eye!
    Kind regards, Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou very much Kitty. I am really enjoying my time here. My grandsons are gorgeous...and yes they grow up so fast...much too fast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Linda! That's great! Well done and keep it up!! Super! We love your blog!! When are you coming back? Still not terribly warm here so you might as well stay where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Claudia :-)
    I fly back on the 22nd. This month is going way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, congratulations Ayak xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of posts...and we enjoy reading them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep them coming....it is a super blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love to hear you rambling! haha x thats a BIG milestone! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Heres to the next 500!
    Why should you be surprised that people want to read your blog? It is a very good read!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bomb, Mr H, jedilost, Fly, Mel, Kelloggsville, Maggie and Kelleyn...thankyou all very much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, 500 posts! That's fantastic, Ayak. Here's to the next 500 - you have a lot of fans out here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! And, hey, me too! I'm giving away books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I'm at 500 too! I'd posted on Wednesday but blogger ate my comment...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deniz..yes I saw your post and I replied t it...then they were both eaten up by Blogger. Congrats to you too x
    (And by the way I should be in Kusadasi when you come, so we'll link up through Facebook if you like?)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x