Sunday, 19 June 2011

Flying Visits

Mr A made another of his flying visits last night.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth the effort.  He arrives quite late, around 10.30 to 11.00pm.  He is exhausted.  He sits down, we start to chat...well at least I do, because he doesn't seem to have much energy for talking.  So I talk...and he falls asleep.

He's then up very early in the morning and off he goes again.

And today...a flying visit from someone else...father-in-law.  At least this time he actually phoned me on Friday evening to give me some warning.  All he said was that he would be here on Sunday.  I didn't know if he would be alone, what time he would be arriving, or how long he would be staying.   So nothing new there!

Just before Mr A set off this morning he gathered up insecticide and the pump contraption for using same, plus a few other items from the old house and got on his motorbike with them.  I asked where he was going with them and he said his father had asked him to drop them down at the land for him.  "Is he already there?" I asked.  "Maybe or he's on his way" Mr A replied.  "How long is he staying?  Is he on his own?  Do I need to make the bed up? Do I need to cook for him?"   I asked.   "He's on his own...I don't know any more than that" was the reply.  Mr A suggested I phone him myself.  Do you know?  I'd almost think there was some conspiracy in this family to try to keep me in the dark about everything!

So a bit later I phoned FIL and asked if he would like me to get him some food when he had finished work.   "No" was the reply.   "I've made your bed up for you" I said.   "I'm not staying" he replied "I'm going home tonight".     Yippee!!

He came to the house around 6pm, we drank coffee and chatted about the garden.  He had a shower and left at 7.30pm.

Some flying visits are disappointing...others are quite the opposite!

PS.  Finally after about 4 weeks of my laptop being attached to the modem by USB cable, my brother-in-law found time this evening to take control of my laptop with teamviewer and reconnect me to my wireless network.  Thank goodness I ignored the so-called expert at TTNet who insisted I should see an engineer as there must be a problem with my laptop....there isn't!  Three cheers for my lovely brother-in-law!


  1. Glad your brother-in-law was able to fix your problem.

  2. Yay glad laptop is sorted and that FIL didnt stay xx

  3. Thats brilliant news all round.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May


I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at Thankyou x