Pages

Friday, 29 July 2011

What I'm missing

The past few days have been quite hectic.  I'm going over to the hotel most days and am really enjoying it.  Since I've been there during the past couple of weeks, I've been getting to know the woman who runs the small hotel shop with her husband.  She is English, her name is Gwen and she has been married to her Turkish husband for two years.

We seem to have lots in common and we are both absolute chatterboxes...so the time has flown by.  It has been extremely hot and humid today and Gwen and I were discussing how our ankles swell up and our feet are  sore.  I said wouldn't it be lovely to be able to sit there with our feet in iced water.

I didn't realise Mr A was listening and 5 minutes later he appeared with a huge empty container, full of water and ice cubes, so Gwen and I took it in turns to dip our feet... what bliss!

Oh......  my post title..."what I'm missing"......this is what I'm missing and what I can't wait to see in September...my beautiful grandsons...who are growing and changing every day:



Good grief it's Friday again!  Where has this week gone?   Have a good weekend everyone xx

10 comments:

  1. You sound so content and that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelloggsville xx

    Charlotte Ann: I am pretty much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr A is a very kindhearted man! Had to smile at the thought of you two with your feet in that container!

    And just look at those two little boys! Two good lookers! Billy has grown into quite a grown up little boy and jimi has changed beyond recognition! Babies do it all the time, don't they?
    He will no doubt, be a very different little lad by Sept.
    Isn't it exciting?
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you and Mr. Ayak are having time together in the summer...and the vision of you two ladies with your feet in the container is really making me smile.

    Not long to September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am so glad you are enjoyng yourself and going to the hotel, you deffo sound so much happier xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy that you found someone and are enjoying yourself.....chattering away. Glad that Mr. Ayak and you are spending some time together...this summer.....no picture of you together with your feet in some cool water :-)

    Your Grandsons are so cute and adorable.....do they ever visit you in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fly: Yes this summer is so much better than last! The iced water really works on hot, tired feet.

    Bomb: Yes I am much happier xx

    Erica: My daughter has visited but not for a few years, but my grandsons not yet..maybe when they're a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of Mr A to rush off to find some ice for you and Gwen!! It IS hot, isn't it? Our little granddaughter is with us and keeping us on our toes :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claudia: Too hot! How lovely that you have your granddaughter with you. Hope she and your daughter are doing well xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x