Sunday, 7 August 2011

I want to feel cold again

The heat of August is stifling.  Hot, sticky and so humid it's difficult to breathe at times.

I've just come online after a 10 hour powercut.  Not only that, the water has been off for about 8 hours so I can't even cool down by taking a shower.

I had decided to stay at home today because housework needed to be done and also a pile of washing and ironing.  But of course without electricity and water I haven't been able to do anything.   Mr A came home with me last night, and had I known what it was going to be like today I would have gone to the hotel with him this morning.   The bus service from the village on Sundays is almost non-existent so I decided against attempting to get to Bodrum under my own steam.  In any case I really didn't want to venture out in my lack-of-shower smelly state.

When we leave the hotel, we  normally arrive home around 6 or 7pm, and often Mr A returns to work.  At this time it's still hot and although it's preferable on the back of the motorbike rather than inside a stuffy car or bus, the breeze is still warm.

However, last night we left later than usual, at 9.30pm.  It was dark and there was a stronger breeze and it was cooler.   The cool air was so wonderful, I didn't want the journey to end.  At one point I actually shivered!

I'm definitely in favour of leaving later in future....I really want to feel cold again.

6 comments:

  1. The local weather service says we're in for a hot sticky week with no rain...despite the 'little summer' being over, so it'll be out watering the plants again - something I'd thought was over until November!

    Luckily our balcony catches the breezes...but it's not a time to live in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hot here too...August is NOT my favorite month and each year I dread entering into it. Thankfully, we do have a/c and I prefer to stay indoors as much as possible. I shouldn't complain. I'm cool as long as I dont' go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fly: The towns are so much worse in this weather aren't they? I don't think I could cope in a town these days.

    Charlotte: Even though I don't like aircon and rarely use ours, today I would most definitely have switched it on if I'd had electricity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our electricity went off night before last for several hours. It was sweltering and I thought I would melt! I love summer but 114 degrees is ridiculously hot. Just waiting for autumn--it's just around the corner!
    That's just dreadful about the homeless dogs--I just can't bear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be wonderful to feel a breeze in your face again after all that sickly heat.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stickhorsecowgirls. Can't wait for autumn!
    It is a big problem here with the dogs. Attitudes have to change before problems can be solved.

    Maggie: It really was. I'm hoping to repeat the experience tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x