Wednesday, 28 September 2011

A warm welcome

I arrived home in the early hours of Monday morning.  Mr A collected me from the airport on the motorbike.  It's amazing how much he can carry on it...a large suitcase, hand luggage and me.

As I walked through the gate to the house, the dogs greeted me with excessive enthusiasm.  I love the loyalty of dogs.   When we were driving from the airport Mr A mentioned that he hadn't managed to get any shopping, just milk and water.  I was too tired to worry about it and avoided having a moan.

When I entered our house I could see that Mr A had done all the housework and for that I was very grateful.  I put the kettle on to make coffee and on opening the fridge for the milk, found it absolutely full of food.  Everything I could possibly need to last me for ages....meat (including steak...oh what a treat), vegetables, salad, fruit, and all the basics.  I was delighted.  He apologised for having forgotten to get me icecream (he knows I love icecream) but he brought home 3 cartons on Tuesday night.  

I think I should go away more often!

PS:  Having attempted to catch up on much needed sleep over the last couple of days, I've just found time to start reading my favourite blogs....only to find that I am still unable to leave comments on the majority of them.  I still have no idea why it's possible to comment on some but not others...even when they are all Blogger blogs.  So apologies for this...but rest assured I am reading.

9 comments:

  1. So glad everything was spic and span when u got back and that Mr A had indeed suprised you lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That husband of yours is an angel!

    There was a problem with commenting on mine but it should be cleared now.
    Please try.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super return home...and what a tease from Mr. Ayak!

    As to Blogger...words fail me and even if they didn't Blogger would probably make sure that they did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great homecoming!
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bomb: A very pleasant surprise :-))

    Maggie: I'll give it a try!

    Fly: Still waiting to see if you are brave enough to attempt Wordpress

    Deniz: It really was...thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got home safe and sound and that you had a great time.....what a surprise from Mr. A

    ......perfect ending to a fabulous week. He's a keeper. ;-)

    take care and welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! I thought about you many times and knew you were enjoyng those grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Charlotte Ann...I certainly was!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x