Pages

Tuesday, 4 October 2011

I feel like I'm on holiday.....

....simply because my brother and sister-in-law arrived in Bodrum from England in the early hours of Friday morning.  They have visited before and have stayed with us on previous occasions.  They decided this time to stay in a hotel.  As I mentioned in a previous post, by coincidence, they booked the hotel where Mr A was working before his current job.  I still make regular visits there to see my friend Gwen.2, and other members of staff I know quite well.  The hotel is also where my hairdresser has his salon, so all in all I've become a bit of a regular there.

Mr A is still on good terms with the owners and management at the hotel, and is considering going back there to work next year.  He also pops in regularly, and was there to greet my brother and SIL on their arrival, making sure they had a good room, and putting some cold drinks in their fridge.

As they are only here for a week, my brother and SIL decided on a hotel in the tourist area. Because our village is so off the beaten track, if they stayed here it would mean they would spend too much time travelling and not enough time chilling out.   They were, however, keen to see our house and we arranged for Gwen and her husband Suleyman to bring them over for lunch on Sunday, and we all had a lovely time.  My brother tells me how pleasantly surprised he was to see our house and where it is situated, particularly the magnificent views.

They are loving the hotel, and intend to return next year.  He is hoping to persuade my other brother and his wife to come too.  I hope he can...it would be lovely to have them both here.

Yesterday my brother, SIL, and I did a day trip to Kos.  This is when I really started to feel like I was on holiday.  I spend too much time on day-to-day living.  Life can become pretty mundane at times so it makes a pleasant change to do touristy things.   We had a very enjoyable day.   We walked and browsed around the tourist shops, and also popped into the hotel where my brother and family have stayed in previous years so he could catch up with the family who run it.  The Greeks, much like the Turks, always remember people, even if they haven't seen them for years, and made us very welcome.

We had a delicious lunch of swordfish at a restaurant in town, then made our way back to the ferry for the return journey, calling in at Duty Free to pick up a bottle of Jack Daniels for Mr A for his birthday on Saturday.

The holiday ends on Thursday and I'll be sorry to see them go.

12 comments:

  1. Am so glad you are having a great time with your brother and SIL and a big Happy Birthday to Mr A for Saturday just in case I forget to say it again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that your brother and sister-in-law are here with you and that you are having an enjoyable day......I also love when relatives visit, I too feel like a tourist, except if someone else comes here I'll scream if I have to visit Niagara Falls one more time.
    I also have two brothers and I try for the last 25 years try and talk them into coming for a visit while I'm there in Turkey but nope the wives won't feel comfy there.....why I don't know.Love that swordfish there grilled...yummy.

    "Happy Birthday" to your husband on Thursday.
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How right you are...we just go on grubbing along and forget to go out and make a day of it.
    Have a lovely week...and a happy birthday to Mr. A for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fly...and I'll pass on your birthday wishes to Mr A xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erica. What a pity the wives wouldn't visit. My son-in-law is a bit anti visiting Turkey too but my daughter and I are working on him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bomb xx

    (Thanks for your messages by the way...can read msn but can't reply...grrr. Power has been off today for 10 hours..just back on and trying to catch up)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a wonderful visit. You deserve to feel like your on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it must be lovely to have family visit. So pleased that you are having such a good time.
    Hoping your other brother can be persuaded to come over some time soon.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I hope so too Maggie. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had this nice break of routine with your brother, Ayak, and belated happy birthday to Mr A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Perpetua..it was a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x