The wall around the front of the garden is now finished. It looks really good. The garden behind it is an absolute mess but it will be sorted over the coming days...hopefully.
Mr A has the dry-stone wall bug now and has decided to replace the chickenwire inside the garden with a wall. We had put up the chickenwire to keep the dogs off part of the garden. He has enough cement and stones to do the job. He demolished part of a neighbours house which gave him more stones to use. Oh don't worry...the neighbours weren't inhabiting it...it's been unused for years, crumbling slowly and frankly a bit dangerous so he has done them a favour. They were delighted to have the job done for them at no expense...however Mr A being the big softy actually gave them 20 lira and said thankyou for the stones!
We needed another tractor load of sand to go with the cement so Mr A arranged for this to be delivered yesterday. Unfortunately it was dark when it arrived. I remained in the house with the dogs and listened. There was an awful lot of scraping and crunching and similar noises going on outside...and a considerable amount of shouting between Mr A and the tractor driver. I didn't dare look. I waited until the tractor had left.
The tractor had managed to uproot half of the large fig tree, knocked off branches from the smaller fig tree, crush the chickenwire fence, and totally demolish the wooden fence and gate that Mr A had built last year to cut off another part of the garden.
And so the amount of work still to be done increases by the day.