Pages

Friday, 28 October 2011

The Versatile Blogger

I'm very honoured to have been given the Versatile Blogger Award from Jack at Perking the Pansies blog.

Jack's blogs is one of my absolute favourites and if you are one of the few who haven't yet discovered his blog, take a look, you won't be disappointed.

There are conditions to receiving this award.  I have to tell you five quirky things about myself and then pass the award on to five more bloggers.

I'm not sure I'd ever be considered quirky but I'll have a go:

1.  Over the years I've tried every colour of the rainbow on my hair.  My natural colour I think is boring mousy..difficult to remember because it hasn't been natural since my teens.  When I was around 17 years old I tried to go dark after having bleached my hair and it turned green.  I actually quite liked it!

2.  I was a bit of a groupie in my teens.  Not in a bad way... I never slept around..but my friends and I followed a lot of the groups around to local venues, mostly before they were famous.  Groups like the Stones when they were the Rolling Stones, The Animals, Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames (you'd have to be of a certain age to remember these).   I once went ten pin bowling with a crowd of people including one of the Stones.

3. I own up to loving dogs more than people.  I'm not sure if that's quirky or even normal...but dogs are often much nicer than people.

4. I went to a grammar school at 11 years old, and I hated it.  Mostly because my parents couldn't afford the uniform and equipment so I always had secondhand.  My Dad retrieved my hockey stick from a dustbin.  It was splintered and had no grip so he cut up a bicycle tyre inner tube and used that....very resourceful of course but every time I used it my hands went black.

5. And following on from No. 4, I should have had a regulation black swimsuit for school but my Mum produced an old one of hers. It was far too big.  It had bones in the chest part (and I was flat-chested at the time) and these ended up almost on my shoulders.  But the worst part was the white piping down the front which had to be disguised...which Mum did with black marker pen.  Naturally when I entered the water the black ink came off and floated on top of the water.   I actually have loads of these grammar school nightmare stories...if I didn't have a sense of humour now, I could have been psychologically scarred for life.

And here are my five nominations for this award:

Nuts in May

Perpetually in Transit

Costa Rica Calling *

French Leave *

auntiegwensdiary

*  These two blogs are by the same person...Flyintheweb, but they both deserve the award.  However Fly, I don't expect you to complete the task twice!  Unless you want to of course.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh! Thanks so much for this, Ayak. Not sure how versatile I feel this morning, but I was never a morning person anyway :-) I'm afraid my post will have to wait until we arrive up north, as we're off on our travels today. 600 miles will give me time to think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rush Perpetua...have a good and safe trip xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayak, well deserved award!
    Versatile you certainly are!

    I'll have a go....once I work out what quirky means...you know me, I'll ponder for hours about a question!

    Mr Fly, peering overs shoulder, says it just means bonkers in which case there will be no shortage of material.

    I'll deal with him later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm not sure if Mr Fly is right...could be... but then again I don't think I really know what it means. I've just googled it but there are so many different meanings/interpretations...so I think I got it wrong..but hey who cares? Just write 5 things about yourself...quirky or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Georgie Fame. 'I would go out tomorrow if I coud borrow a coat to wear''

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah but I bet you don't remember the Blue Flames Kelloggsville? I'm sure you're too young :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hy Ayak,
    chanced upon your space while blog hopping..glad I stopped by..!
    very interesting space you have..
    wonderful posts with lovely presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime.
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Jay, and welcome to my blog. I will certainly pop over to have a look at yours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Ayak. I am very honoured!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh which stoned Stone was it? Are you allowed to say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jack...I never kiss and tell ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award and thank you for passing on the flame to me. I can't imagine why you thought I was quirky????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh auntiegwen..wasn't it you that invented quirky? :-))

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x