Friday, 18 November 2011

Norman Wisdom

I've just watched a documentary "The Unforgettable Norman Wisdom", recently shown on ITV.  It brought back  memories for me of being taken to the cinema as a small child by my father to see his films.  He was my Dad's absolute favourite performer.  A brilliantly talented man who died in 2010 at the age of 92.  He had a sad and difficult childhood, and overcame many obstacles to become one of the greatest entertainers of the 20th Century.

So I thought I would post up a link to the video HERE  in case you haven't seen the programme.  It's just 22 minutes long.

I particularly loved the scene towards the end of the video when he received his knighthood from the Queen.

Enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. You and me both, Ayak! My father also loved Norman Wisdom and seeing his face always takes me straight back to childhood. Thanks for the link. I'll see whether our broadband will let me watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can see it Perpetua. It would probably also be on ITV iPlayer. If you can't get that when you're out of the country, you could do what I do and download Expatshield...it's a free proxy IP and enables me to watch all the iPlayer stuff on BBC and ITV. (Of course you may know all that already)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this, Ayak. The problem is that where we are on the north coast of Scotland our broadband speed is so low that video stutters and is almost unwatchable. I'll try it when we get back to Wales next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see...nothing worse than trying to watch videos when that happens. Never mind...it'll keep for later x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of him before, thanks for the introduction. I look forward to watching the video in its entirety tonight....computer is a bit slow this morning.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed that, merci.

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr H: He did appear on Broadway for a while but probably before your time I imagine.

    SP: You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of him before .........but thanks for the heads up. I watched the video and can see why your Dad liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed it Erica x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x