Pages

Monday, 20 February 2012

Sharing blog links

I don't have much to write about on my blog at the moment, so I thought it would be nice to share links of some blogs that I have recently added to my reading list.

Back to Bodrum In her own words: "In early 1982 I boarded a Turkish Kibris flight to Izmir - my destination was a 29 foot sloop in Bodrum's new marina. At 22, my belongings fitted into a worse for wear sailing holdall. This year I made a similar journey from Heathrow to Bodrum. Thirty years have passed and Bodrum has changed. There are plenty of very good blogs detailing the ex-pat journey through modern Turkey. The aim of this one is to catch sight of past Turkey through my experience of re-settling in modern Bodrum"

The Western Front; A One Woman Invasion I found this blog, went back to the beginning and read the first post HERE and found I couldn't stop reading so spent a fair bit of time reading all her posts up to date.

Pul Biber with everything Read about this couple HERE. They are newly settled in Turkey and I enjoy reading about their experiences so far, which often remind me of when I first moved here. By a strange coincidence, after I found their blog, I discovered that they had bought their house in Selçuk from one of my friends...it's a small world!

Janice in Caunes In her own words "After years of staring in French estate agency windows when we have been on holiday, dreaming of the unlikely possibility of living in France..... we have finally bought a house 20 minutes drive from Carcassonne, and are intending to divide our lives between Hebden Bridge and Caunes Minervois. Emotions are mixed as we embark on this adventure, hoping we can make it work, and very excited about the prospect of spending quality time in the two places we love"

11 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More reading!
    It's great to discover other blogs, especially by recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing my blog. I entered the blogging world with a degree of scepticism but I'm enjoying it immensely. It's great fun living vicariously in several different Turkish villages, Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir and further afield, all with a click of a mouse on a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your Links...some of them I read also.

    Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will come back if I can and share the links.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting those, so interesting reading other peoples experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoying your suggestions - though Janice is a real-life friend and former work colleague and it's such a pleasure to keep in touch via the worldwide web and blogland! Thanks for your links!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the kind words.... Our visitor numbers just increased significantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Help! Not more good blogs, Ayak! When will I sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for popping in and I hope there will be blogs amongst these that will interest you.

    Back to Bodrum and omentide...you're very welcome xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x