Thursday, 1 March 2012

Making the dogs comfortable

I've always enjoyed moving furniture around. Those of you who have followed me for some time will already know that I get bored and restless and suddenly jump up and start moving. It can be any time of day or night...yes I have been known to start shifting wardrobes and armchairs at 3am. When the mood takes me I just go with it.


The problem that I face once I've started is that I get myself trapped in corners with heavy furniture all around me..simply because I don't plan it before I begin. It can be exhausting...particularly so in the height of summer when the temperatures are well over 40 degrees. I literally sweat buckets...it's a good way to lose weight!


I recently bought a lovely big comfortable dog bed for Beki from our new vet in Milas. The poor girl suffers with arthritis in her back legs and I've always allowed her to sleep on our bed for comfort and warmth. Sadly she can no longer jump up onto the bed, so the dog bed, covered in a soft blanket, is perfect for her  .   It's in our bedroom which is fine, except that Poppy insists on sharing it with Beki. This has resulted in the two of them fidgeting and arguing and pacing up and down all night...which isn't good for any of us.


Our sitting room furniture, which we have had for a long time, consists of a 3-seater sofa, a 2 seater sofa and 2 armchairs. Far too much for our small sitting room, so we have had to shuffle it about and move either an armchair or small sofa elsewhere in the house. This year we moved the 2 seater out onto the balcony which is great for lounging on and gazing at the view, but apart from taking up too much space, the sun and rain are going to ruin it if it stays there any longer.
  

Two days ago I resisted an urge to move furniture myself and instead supervised Mr A in moving the sofa into our bedroom. With a bit of shuffling around, everything fits and Poppy has settled herself on the sofa. Beki is delighted to finally have her bed to herself. Now, finally, we are all getting a better night's sleep.
 


The things we do for our dogs!
 
.........................................................
 

11 comments:

  1. isn't that the truth! what ever gives them comfort and happiness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and as I write this Theanne, Poppy is in Beki's bed and Beki is hovering over her sulking..I give up!

      Delete
  2. So sweet they both look very content. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contentment doesn't seem to last for long with these two Bomb :-)

      Delete
  3. 'Tis a small price to pay for all the joy they bring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is parepidemos! And welcome to my blog x

      Delete
  4. What an adorable photo of your 'fur' babies......so cute. Sleeping like lil' babies.
    I know what you mean our dogs always came first. When my husband came here first he was appaled that the dog slept on top of the sofa in the den.....well as the years went by he let them sleep on the bed beside him.

    ...have a great day, and good idea with the love seat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do always come first Erica. I'm lucky that Mr A feels the same way.

      Delete
  5. You do realise that this sofa is now there for ever, Ayak. No moving it around again when the mood takes you or Poppy will make your life not worth living. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know Perpetua..it will be most frustrating for me not being able to move it somewhere else. At the moment though they are still squabbling over Beki's bed. As I've been writing these replies Beki has been glaring at Poppy who has taken over the bed..then finally got in it with her. Now they are both in Beki's bed..but for how long, who knows?

      Delete
  6. Amazing how they all want the same pitch - like hens quarreling over a nesting box. There might be six but they're all huddled up in one, sitting on each other.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x