Pages

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Waiting

There seems to be a lot of waiting going on at the moment.

My parcel still hasn't arrived.  It's almost three weeks since it was posted in England.  Mr A has spoken to the man at the sorting office several times, who in turn has phoned the sorting office in Mugla, but no-one can find my parcel.  The man said to Mr A "all you can do is wait".   Mr A said to me  "all you can do is wait".

Last night my internet connection was lost again.   It's exactly a week ago almost to the time that the same thing happened.   I phoned TTNet again (I really don't know why I bother).  They hadn't any idea what the problem was (they never do).  They informed me they would report it to the engineers, and that all I could do was wait.   Thankfully I was re-connected again this morning.

Mr A was due to start his job in Kusadasi today.   He was advised to go over there before today, in case they had unexpected customers, so he could be called in at short notice.   He waited...and waited and wasn't called in.  In the meantime of course he is paying to stay in a hotel..what a waste of money.

So he turned up today to start work.   The boss wasn't there, so Mr A phoned him.  He informed Mr A that there was nothing for him to do this week.   Mr A would just have to wait until Monday afternoon.   So he's waiting.  Pity the boss couldn't have forewarned him.

And I find myself consciously waiting and very much looking forward to my next trip to England on 18th April, to see my daughter and grandsons.

I'm pleased to say that the weather is gradually improving, so waiting doesn't seem half so bad when the sun is shining.

12 comments:

  1. I noticed in Turkey everything is slower and wait, wait is the right word.
    Sorry about the internet....hate when that happens. When our internet is down my husband sits outside and catches the neighbours internet connection on his IPhone b/c they have a different provider.......if he needs something important.
    So sorry about poor Mr. A......and his job. Don't those people have any sense to call and tell them with some info.....like not today we are not busy....

    Good luck to Mr. A and I hopeyour parcel gets there soon....today my migraine is in full blasting effect with thunderstorms on the way. :-(...have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, it's true, waiting is a way of life here.

      I hope your migraine clears up very soon xxx

      Delete
  2. lots and lots of waiting! I'm good with waiting up to the point where I'm ready to get the thing done and over with ;-) Mr. A and his job...hopefully he handles these setbacks calmly...I would be livid...and ready to pack my bag and go home! Your internet problems remind me of when I had dialup...trying and trying to get on the internet...finally on and trying to open a site...the computer freezes and it's "ctrl-alt-del" time and I'd start all over again! Hope all the waiting is over soon and life can progress once again...smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theanne, fortunately Mr A is usually quite laidback about all this waiting and being let down..he's very used to it. This particular job is only a temporary one until May, but the potential to earn a reasonable amount of money in a short time. He may come home tomorrow for the weekend though, which will be nice.

      Delete
  3. A friend of mine has been a missionary in Malawi nigh on 30 years and his level of patience is now unbelievably high. He says that, once accepted rather than resented, waiting is actually beneficial to the human psyche; he certainly looks good after all these years. I used to think that waiting would become easier with age; in my case it hasn't :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. parepidemos I think your friend is right. I am a lot more patient than I used to be, although that's probably because most of the time here I have no choice!

      Delete
  4. So sorry Mr A is being kept hanging around and at his own expenses, Ayak. Fingers crossed that work starts soon and also that your parcel will turn up before long.

    If you want to pop across to my blog i have something for you and you don't have to wait to collect it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perpetua. He is used to hanging around I'm afraid. I think a lot of this is down to the bosses wanting all the control.

      Ooh I'll pop over to your's now!

      Delete
  5. Life in Turkey is a waiting game for everyone. We all need the collective patience of all the saints sometimes! Good luck to Mr A on his new job and I hope your parcel turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jack. Err...still waiting for the parcel. x

      Delete
  6. Mr A does get messed about with work, doesn't he? Hope there is some work this week.
    Hope the parcel arrives.
    At least you will be able to come home & see your daughter and grandsons & take your mind off things. I'm glad you're able to do this regularly.
    Maggie X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes he does get messed about Maggie, but he's not alone. Unfortunately this is how it goes with seasonal work, and thousands are affected in the same way.
    No sign of the parcel yet...I think it's lost forever now. My friend has kindly sent me another one, but put a trace on this one so fingers crossed it will get here.

    Can't wait to see my daughter and grandsons...not long now!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x