Pages

Saturday, 14 April 2012

This week....

The past few days has consisted of mostly sleep.  Three lots of  medication I have from my hospital visit on Wednesday all list drowsiness as a side effect.   So I've hardly been able to stay awake.

Not that I've been able to do much else.  I posted about the weather last week.  I mentioned that Summer had arrived last Saturday.  By Monday it had disappeared again.  Two days of torrential rain, followed by a blustery day on Wednesday.  By Thursday the wind had picked up and by yesterday it was gale force.

Last night I secured everything on the balcony, with my trusty washing line. This morning I ventured out to try and secure other things in the garden that are being battered.  Poppy followed me, was literally blown off her feet, and rushed back into the house.  Beki took one look from the doorway and decided against going out.

Fences have blown down again but they can be fixed.   Mr A put tomato and strawberry plants in the garden earlier in the week.  Such is the strength of this gale that the poor plants have been uprooted.  I've managed to rescue a few from around the garden and have put them in a huge bowl of water in the old house for the time being.  I fear for the trees, they are taking such a battering that I'm not sure they will all survive unscathed.

There are very dark clouds in the sky.  Rain is on it's way.  If this gale is still blowing when it does, then I face flooding in the house again.  I have piles of towels ready.

Somehow I need to get down the hill to the village to buy bread and I'm dreading it.  As Captain Oates once said "I may be some time".

18 comments:

  1. I fear my sandwich would remain breadless until it blew over. Yuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kv..it has indeed remained breadless. This wind is absolutely terrifying at the moment so I'm not setting foot outside.

    Oh and by the way,for some reason I'm not getting your posts up on my readers list. I've just popped over to your blog to leave a comment and can't do that either. I'll keep trying..Blogger gremlins at work again I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Ayak! What is it with this weather? I'm with Kellogsville - do without bread until the gale has blown itself out. I do hope the drowsiness wears off soon and that all the sleep has done you good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll survive without bread Perpetua, but not sure I won't come to harm out in this weather.

      More sleep today but yes I do feel better for it xx

      Delete
  4. The weather sounds awful....hope it is getting better by now, and that the drugs are working and you are feeling better too. It hasn't been wonderful weather since we arrived back in France, still quite cold and quite a bit of rain....but I am sure that is a good thing, I want lots of moisture in the soil before it gets hot. Today the sun is out, and no rain forecast....so its out into the garden to dig up the dead succulents, that were destroyed by the big freeze. J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather is awful for this time of year Janice. No let up with this wretched wind yet.
      I do hope you can manage to save most of your trees and plants x

      Delete
  5. Ayak........are these winds normal for this time of year? Do you have to fear tornadoes?..Stay safe...eat souo..no sandwidh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte Ann. I think the gale is so noticeable because we are almost at the top of a hill and very exposed to the element.

      It's funny you should mention tornadoes because I had a vague recollection of reading about them in Turkey but know they are rare. However, I've just googled and see that the numbers of tornadoes here have increased in recent years. I'm sure they are not of the magnitude of those you experience in the U.S. though.

      Delete
  6. I think I'd just stay indoors and make pancakes if desperate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh pancakes! What a good idea Fly. I think I will.

      Delete
  7. That sounds awful. Hope the worst is over.
    We are back to Winter again now. What is going on, do you think? The weather all round the world has turned upside down. Global warming?
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that must be what it is Maggie. All I know is I don't like it one bit

      Delete
  8. It's been absolutely tipping down since lunch ... very weird weather indeed. Hope all is well where you are, dear Ayak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia. Yes I'm well thanks, hope you are too. It's tipping down here too, but the wind finally dropped about an hour ago...thank goodness!

      Delete
  9. We need to find you an easy bread recipe, so that your sandwich does not have to remain breadless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one or two recipes Kelleyn, but to be honest I eat too much bread so one day without didn't do me any harm!

      Delete
  10. Looks like the bad weather has passed over. Hope you are completely better too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a much better day today isn't it BtoB? And I'm feeling much better too..thankyou x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x