Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Beki...

 ...is off to the vet's tomorrow morning.  She came into season on 27th April and has been bleeding ever since.  The week before last Mehmet the vet examined her and said that it wasn't unusual for this to occur in older dogs but by last weekend I was getting more concerned about it so spoke to him.  He has put her on some hormone tablets which she has taken now for 4 days but they haven't made any difference.

So tomorrow he will do an exploratory operation to see what the problem is.  He will spey her at the same time because this will clearly reduce the risk of further problems in the future.

Because of her age, he tells me he has ordered in a special anaesthetic which is safer.  It will cost us a little more, but it's worth it of course.

I had been searching the internet concerning Beki's skin disorder, which I thought had been caused by Mr A trimming her hair too short.  It looks like it might actually be hormonal, so perhaps the haircut just exposed it rather than caused it.  Maybe tomorrow's op will tell us a bit more.

I know I'm sounding very matter of fact about all this but I am worried sick.  I love Beki so much and really hope she doesn't have anything seriously wrong with her.

Keep your fingers crossed for her please.

13 comments:

  1. everything is crossed for you and Beki, hope to hear good news tomorrow. J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed...I know how worried you must be.
    If you're anything like me you want to howl...and cover it up by being matter of fact...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fly. Yes that's exactly how I am xxx

      Delete
  3. I'll keep everything crossed and think only good thoughts. I can only imagine how worried you are. Beki does sound like a special doggy. I'm sure everything will turn out okay.
    Keep us posted on how she is tomorrow. Good you found a good vet near you. Take care and I'm sending you special Blessings. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Erica. I'll keep you posted xx

      Delete
  4. Keeping my fingers crossed for Beki. Just a thought on the skin matter as you know Dexter has a skin condition too and its nothing that can be treated as such and its probably genetic and the vet suggested giving 1000mg of Evening Primrose. He loves them as long as they are in a beef gelatin capsule (Sainsburys own make lol). Im not saying its made it better but it has improved along with bathing him in my Lush Rehab shampoo. Anything is worth a try if the situation cant be resolved via the vet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do remember you telling me about Dex, greygirl. My vet told me to get fish oil capsules and Beki's having 2 a day which she absolutely loves to chew! I will certainly consider Evening Primrose Oil though..might be worth a try. To be honest the other problem is worrying me more than her skin at the moment. Will just be glad when tomorrow's over xx

      Delete
  5. Poor Beki. I really do hope that all goes well and its nothing serious.
    At least you have a really good vet.
    I was worried sick when my rabbits were *done* but they sailed through it and I hope Beki will too.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. It's hard not to worry about our pets isn't it? xxx

      Delete
  6. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x