Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Memorable Moments

Where did that 12 days go?  The time just whizzed by, but I have some wonderful memories.

Billy and Jimi waiting for me to arrive.




I arrived to a great welcome from an excited Billy which made me so happy.  Jimi was a little wary at first but not for long.  He latched on to me for the entire trip and we enjoyed some lovely cuddles.

Jimi climbing on everything in sight
Jimi is walking.  He's also climbing.  He is an absolutely fearless little chap.  He throws himself into everything without any sense of danger.  He falls over. He bumps himself.  We gasp and wait for the screams...which never come.  He just gets up and throws himself at the next challenge.

He is so different to Billy in every way, who is a sensitive and intelligent little boy. Much more cautious than his younger brother.  



Off to nursery school in the rain

And Billy started nursery school last week.  His anxious mum spent the first day there with him and worried about whether he would settle and want to go back the next day.  But he loves it.


My daughter and I managed a day of shopping in Reading on the 21st for birthday presents, together with lunch at our favourite restaurant.

On the 23rd we celebrated Billy's 3rd birthday with a trip to his favourite Pizza Hut.   During the week my daughter managed to decorate her bedroom, whilst I sorted out her kitchen cupboards and fridge.  Something she hates doing, and is now delighted that everything is in order. I also blitzed the garden in readiness for the planned joint party for the boys.


We had the party on the 28th and the house was filled with family, friends and children.  The rain continued but it didn't deter everyone from having a good time.  We erected two large gazebos in the garden so that the children could play in the sandpit, ballpond and playhouse.

Sunday 29th was Jimi's 1st birthday and the present from his mum and dad was a slide.  He soon got the hang of getting to the top, albeit by climbing up the slope.  He then put his hands and feet in the air and literally threw himself down.  We had spread a large duvet on the sitting room floor as it was too wet and windy to put the slide outside.  Just as well as this cushioned his landing as he hurtled to the bottom.

In the afternoon, my son-in-law looked after the boys to give my daughter and I a last chance to do a bit of shopping and have lunch together, before I set off for my brother's house for my last night.  I was leaving at around 4.15am on Monday morning so was reluctant to wake the boys up so early to say goodbye and disturb their much needed sleep.

And then back to Turkey.

I arrived home last night and busied myself with loading up the washing machine while Mr A went to the shops for food to keep me going for a while.

He had collected Beki and Poppy from Gwen in Selçuk before picking me up at the airport.  They both had ticks.  Mr A had paid a visit to Gwen on Friday to deal with them, as she found it difficult, but they had picked up more.  Beki has also just come into season.  I had the task of removing the ticks, showering them, and putting more flea and tick treatment on them.  Poor girls were a bit traumatised but at least they're clean. 

Mr A will be staying with the carpet job in Kusadasi after all.   The Torba hamam job is commission only which is always unpredictable, but the Kusadasi job will pay a monthly salary.  They have also agreed to pay for Mr A's hotel accommodation which will help.  I've hardly seen him recently, but he will be able to get home a couple of times a week.  We had considered renting accommodation in Kusadasi for us and the dogs, but the extra expense isn't worth it.  I'm just thankful he has regular employment to see him through until  winter.

I'm exhausted.  It's been a hectic couple of weeks, but very enjoyable.  Now for some much needed sleep!

.........................................

Check out Place Overseas

26 comments:

  1. You'll need to sleep for a week...but you have lovely memories to buoy you up until the next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to go away, and lovely to home x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is KV. I'm always happy to be back in my own bed!

      Delete
  3. So glad that you had such an enjoyable time and also that Mr A has found steady employment for the next several months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had agood time Ayak..the children clearly loved having you around. I hope you manage to get a bit of a rest in the next few days after your hectic break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great visit Janice. It's amazing how tiring small children can be! xx

      Delete
  5. You certainly packed plenty in - don't forget to make time to unpack your memories and enjoy them all over again once you've caught your breath! And ticks, my poor Darwin has picked up a few in the past week or so and we've bathed and de-ticked him today - horrid things!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I don't know if it's the same where you are, but there seem to be more ticks around this year. Nasty things. You think you've found them all and then another one appears...yuk!

      Delete
  6. So happy for you that you had such a sucessful and joyful visit. What cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you made it home safely.....clearly you had a fantastic time with the kids so excited you were there. Probably your daughter was more happy because of all the help you did for the kid's parties.
    Sorry about your doggys with the ticks, quite annoying I remember.
    Even though the Mr. A will be working out of town at least he got a steady job....for the summer. Maybe you could visit him and go to the beach there......
    Like the Turks say...."Hoşgeldiniz".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I hope I'll manage to get over there to see Mr A occasionally and yes you're right, at least it's a steady job x

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, Ayak. Very glad you had such a super time with your family, despite the atrocious weather. I often think second children are more adventurous than first ones, as they try to do everything their older sibling can do so easily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. I think you're right, and mums are often not so protective of the second child, thus allowing them to be more adventurous.

      Delete
  9. the grand boys are wonderful! lovely to spend time with them and family! happy Mr. A's employment pays monthly...very helpful for monthly expenses! and happy the furry ladies are tick free and clean now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theanne. They are gorgeous boys but of course I'm biased! I don't trust those ticks..I'm still inspecting the dogs thoroughly every day.

      Delete
  10. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Sorry the weather wasn't better for you. Your grandsons are lovely. I bet you miss them, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carol. Yes I miss them dreadfully :-(

      Delete
  11. The children are lovely and I'm so pleased that you had a good time.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sorry to hear about your grandmother-in-law, Ayak. But so happy to hear you had a great time in the UK - we did too! Just returned on Monday, and I miss it already. Well, except for the cold, damp rain! We had a few sunny days up in Yorkshire, and down in Dover, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deniz. The UK seems like a distant memory now even though it's only a couple of weeks since I returned. You were lucky to get a few sunny days..glad you had a good time x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x