Pages

Monday, 18 June 2012

Offline for a few days

I will probably not have internet connection for a couple of days.

Today Beki had to be operated on.  The vet in Kusadasi said that it was necessary or she might die if they didn't open her up and find out what is wrong.

It was a double-edged sword.  He also stated that because of her very weak state, the use of anaesthetic imposed a great risk.  We had no choice really but to give it a go.

I'm happy to say she survived the operation, has come round, is still poorly and is on a drip.

One incision was made to check thoroughly the intestines and other organs for blockages and nothing untoward was found.  They then had to re-open the incision made by Mehmet because they suspected that this was where the problem was,  and lo and behold she had a massive infection.   This should have been picked up and dealt with well over a week ago.  She also had a vaginal infection which would have been caused by Mehmet operating on her whilst she was still bleeding.

All this is now being treated.   You may recall my mentioning the problem she had with the skin on her back.  This had over the past weeks started to heal.  It didn't look very pretty...large black scabs..but it was healing.   When Mr A collected her from Mehmet yesterday, all these scabs had come off or been removed and left exposed raw flesh.  She also had a cut on her tail...goodness knows how that happened.

When Mr A arrived to collect her he actually thought she was dead.  I'm truly surprised she wasn't, after being left outside all day in 40 degree heat with no water.

This whole situation has shocked me beyond belief.  I still can't get my head around it.  It's like a nightmare that I can't wake up from.

This is going to be a long recovery.  She will have to stay in Kusadasi for at least a week.  They will not discharge her until she is eating.

I need to see her.  She needs her comfortable bed, and something of mine with my scent on it, for a bit of reassurance (I hope).   Mr A is driving over this evening and taking me to the clinic.   It's a 2 hour journey each way, and he had every intention of bringing me back home again then making the return journey again to Kusadasi and work.  It's too much.

Gwen in Selçuk has asked me to bring Poppy with me and stay at her house for a couple of nights (it's only a short bus ride from Kusadasi), so that's what I'm going to do.  Then I can also see Beki over the next couple of days.

Gwen doesn't have internet connection, so I won't be able to respond to any comments you make.  In fact, please note that because I have comments moderation on my settings, they won't actually appear for a couple of days.

I'd just like to thank all of you for your wonderful support and your good wishes for Beki.  I still have my fingers crossed for her...she's a real fighter.  Keep yours crossed too please xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ayak, I wish I could be more help than just providing supportive words through this post. I have everything crossed, and if I was the praying kind, would certainly do that....I just hope all will be well. Fondest wishes, Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How right you are to make sure she has something familiar...her bed, something of yours...and that you can be with her for a while.

    You must be thunderstruck by what has happened.

    Fingers crossed for the little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved that you will be able to go and see Beki regularly. That will give her a boost I should think and help her get well.
    She is a little fighter and that vet who did this to her, while duping you, makes my blood boil.
    Heres hoping that Beki will make a complete recovery.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ayak, Gwen is an angel too. I hope that by the time you read this Beki will be much better. It will be such a comfort to her to have your visits, they will make all the difference I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it is good news when you come back on line.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x